Fire

George dragged Tommy out of the mess hall and into another experiment room. 

Tommy had given up asking what was happening. They weren't going to answer, and Tommy knew it. 

Suddenly, he smelled something burning. This room was made of wood, unlike the other rooms Tommy had been in, and Tommy realized that a small corner of the room was burning. Tommy trotted closer and noticed the white walls below the wood, and a small portion closing. Then the fire came close to Tommy, and he hissed and ran to the other corner of the room. 

He scrabbled desperately at the wood, trying to escape the fire. The smoke was starting to choke him, making him cough. "Please!" he begged. "Please! I don't wanna die! Please don't let me die!" 

No response. Tommy kept coughing, and the flames moved closer and closer to his safety corner. He slid down the wall, coughing and gasping for air. "Please." he choked out. "I don't- I don't- Don't wanna- Wanna die-" 

The fire started to burn his clothes, his arms, his face. Soot and ash covered the room, covered Tommy, covered the rapidly burning wood. Tommy slid down the wall, and curled into a ball, trying to protect himself from as much of the fire. 

As he started to slip into unconsciousness, he felt water start to sprinkle onto his face, and a man with a white smiley face mask leered over Tommy's unmoving body. 

Pov switch, Dream. 

"I gotta admit." Dream smiled. "This one is very very resilient. Have we found another raccoon hybrid?" 

Quackity shook his head behind him. "Hybrids are so rare, it's almost impossible to find more than one." 

Karl was resetting the room. "We'd have to broaden our search." he said. "For more scientific data." 

Dream smirked. "I'll think about it. But part of me thinks it's just this one's stubbornness..." 

"What do you mean?" George asked. 

"Well, maybe it's hybrid shit code, but this one seems stubborn on the human side." 

"But that wouldn't help him physically, would it?" Quackity asked. 

"Okay, maybe not. But, I'm just saying, maybe their character traits blend with their hybrid side, making this one more stubborn, where others may be more susceptible to the serums and tests. This is all a hypothesis, and merely based on the few results we have." Dream shrugged. "I wouldn't be against modifying any new recruits' tests, 

POV switch back to Tommy. 

"-my? Tommy? Tommy!" 

Tommy's eyes fluttered open. Above him stood Clay, who was shaking him with a worried look in his eyes. "Tommy." he breathed. "I thought you were dead!" 

"Where....." Tommy trailed off. 

"The infirmary. Why are you so burned, Tommy?" 

Tommy sighed, coughing. "They tried to light me on fire." 

Clay frowned. "Really?" he asked. "Why?" 

"I don't know!" Tommy cried. "I don't know why they're doing any of this! They're horrible! I hate this so much! I-" 

He broke off, coughing. "Shhhh." Clay whispered. "I know. Remember Logstedshire, Tommy. Remember everything." 

"It'll just be us, forever." 

Wattpad deleted half of this chapter for NO REASON and I want it back! I swear I saved this story. I forgot the ending, so here's some filler. 

Anyways, *sighs* stay safe stay happy stay kind. 

You are loved. 

-TheMidnightStorm!