"That's what I thought." I muttered under my breath, unable to resist adding my own commentary.

"Stay out of it." Ron snapped at me, shooting me a glare.

"Fine. It stinks of jealousy in here anyway." I sneered, pushing myself up from my seat and leaving the remainder of my ice cream behind on the table.

My business here was done. With that, I headed out of the Great Hall.

"Where do you think you're going?" A cold voice called out as I passed through the giant doors.

I felt a spark of excitement, though I did my best not to show it to Malfoy. He had been acting rather unpleasant lately. Nevertheless, I came to an abrupt stop.

He was leaning against the wall, one hand in his pocket. His bow tie was loose, and his robes hung casually over his lower arm.

"To my bed." I replied dryly.

"I want to take you somewhere."

"You're not."

"Potter, it wasn't a suggestion. Either you walk or I'll carry you. Your choice."

I scoffed and continued on my way, but then I felt Malfoy's hands on me. "Okay, fine. I'll come with you."

"I thought so." Malfoy said, offering his hand.

I glanced around briefly before placing my hand in his. My hand was cold, but his was warm from being in his pocket—usually, it's the other way around.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked curiously as we walked through the castle.

"We've already been there together."

Unfortunately, that didn't give me much of a clue.

A little later, we arrived at the place Malfoy had in mind—the Clock Tower Courtyard, my favourite.

As we stepped outside, a chilly breeze and tiny snowflakes embraced us. It was Christmas, after all.

I let go of his hand to wrap my arms around myself, trying to ward off the cold.

"I hope whatever you're showing me is worth it because I'm freezing." I grumbled.

"Next time, just ask for my robes, Potter." He smirked.

He then held his robes up for me to slide my arms into the sleeves from behind. They smelled like him, and the silk lining felt warm against my skin.

"Thank you." I said as he helped me with my hair.

"And?" I asked, making a spin.

He was looking me up and down with a satisfied smile on his lips as he took my hand again. "I could get used to seeing you in my clothes." He said as we walked towards the wooden bridge that connected to the courtyard.

It was fortunate that it was dark outside, as I felt my cheeks flush at his comment.

"What did you want to show me?" I asked, wanting to shift the focus away from myself.

"Professor Sinistra predicted a clear sky on Christmas, with the stars being exceptionally visible tonight." He explained as we stopped on the bridge, somewhere in the middle. "That's what I wanted to show you, the stars."

There was it again, that feeling.

We spent the next five minutes, or maybe ten, or perhaps even twenty minutes stargazing.

The cold night air was nipping at us, but being next to Malfoy and wrapped in his robes, I felt a surprising warmth.

Malfoy had settled himself, leaning on the wooden railing. His arm was draped around my waist, underneath the robes, while my arm was around his neck.

It was a cosy and comforting position, given the freezing temperatures outside.

Malfoy clearly paid more attention during Astronomy lessons, he was quite knowledgeable about the stars. Tonight, the Lyra constellation and the Draco constellation were visible, along with three others.

His gaze swept over the celestial panorama once more before he turned his attention to me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He said, his eyes softening.

"Very." I replied sincerely, turning my face to him. "Definitely worth the cold."

"Oh, is that so?" He asked, smirking.

He then straightened up slightly and took both of my hands, pulling me away from the railing a few steps backwards.

"Mmm," I hummed, my lips curling into a smile as I realised he was positioning us for a dance.

"What's that smile about?" He smirked as he led me into the opening dance position.

"Nothing." I grinned back, feeling that familiar excitement as we began to move.

He had clearly improved since the last time we danced.

"I used to think stars were the most beautiful things in existence." He began, his voice carrying a softness I hadn't heard from him before.

"What changed your mind?" I asked as he lifted me and guided me into a graceful spin.

Drawing me closer, he smirked down at me.

"You." He replied, the moonlight making his grey eyes gleam.

Another ridiculous grin spread across my face. "You're sweet, Malfoy." I said, my heart quickening its beat.

Looking at him, a whirlwind of emotions swirling inside me, I came to a realisation.

It hit me suddenly, as clear as the stars above.

I think I might hate him as much as I like him.

Merlin, I like him.

Merlin, I hate him.

"Malfoy," I said, clearing my throat. "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" He asked, his eyes dancing between my eyes and lips.

I took a deep breath through my nose, steadying myself. "You may be handsome but you're rude and mean, arrogant and insufferable, and you can be unbelievably cocky and vile at times and—" I rattled off before cutting myself off by kissing him.

I parted slightly from his lips, but stayed very close, looking at him with intense eyes as my hands found his shoulders and my arms wind around his neck.

"Understood?"

He placed his hands on my waist, pulling me in closer.

"Understood." He murmured, his lips finding mine again.

Not that I'm an expert, but Malfoy was a good kisser. My thoughts scattered from the moment his lips met mine, and I became utterly lost in the sensation.

Our noses brushed against each other's cold skin, my fingers tangling in his hair, his grip on my waist growing firmer—it was all a blissful whirl.

Tugging gently on his collar, I pulled him closer. A smile played on his lips against mine.

After a few heartbeats, I drew back slightly again. I needed to say something before the moment slipped away.

"Happy Christmas, Malfoy." I said, my face nuzzling into the warmth of his neck.

He chuckled softly, his breath tickling my skin, as he lowered his mouth to place a swift kiss on my cheek.

"Happy Christmas, Potter."