~Chapter Nineteen~

Start from the beginning

"My son is in the fucking backseat, I said keep your eyes onto the road," I demanded. He didn't and continued to keep that stupid smirk on his face. I looked in the side mirrors and saw that no one was behind us.

I grabbed the gear shift and then his face. My fingers turned white as my grip his chin tightened.

"I will put it in park as you are speeding down this road," I reached my hand down to his seatbelt and took it off.

"You'll smash into the glass," I continued as I grabbed while face again.

"And you'll die," I grumbled. I watched the odometer, the numbers going down. He now had a frown on his face and turned his face from me and back onto the road.

"What I thought," I muttered. He put his seatbelt back on and slowed down a lot.

"You're no fun," he grumbled.

"I'm only fun with people I like," I retorted. He raised an eyebrow.

"You don't like me? Come on, you barely know me," he scoffed.

"And I'm not planning to know you any better," I replied. He huffed a little but then shut up. When we made it to the front of our apartment, I turned to him.

"I'm not coming into work tomorrow," I said.

"Don't tell me that, tell the Capo," he mumbled. I shook my head.

"I don't want to call the fucking bitch, just tell him I'm not coming in," I said. He rolled his eyes a little.

"Get out of my car," he muttered. I shook my head at him in annoyance and got out. I went over to the passenger door and opened it. Silas was still asleep and shivering. I grabbed his backpack and began shaking him a wake.

"Come on, we're home," I said softly. His eyebrows were pinched together as he got out. I closed the door behind me and walked towards the staircase.

Ares was still there, waiting for us to go inside. I helped Silas up the stairs and opened the front door. The house was spotless, not a thing out of place.

I helped him into bed and put my hand on his forehead.

"I'm going to get you some Panadol, I think you have a fever," I said softly. He didn't reply but nodded his head. I went into the kitchen and opened the medicine cabinet. I grabbed some Panadol, water and thermometer. I went back and checked his temperature.

It was thirty-eight degrees.

I sat him up in the bed and gave him some Panadol. I helped him take of his shirt because he was starting to get hot and cold flushes. He then fell asleep.

I sat on the chair of the piano, watching him as my anxiety told me not to leave him. I had fallen asleep a few times but then would wake up shortly after.

I was lazily looking around the room, half asleep, when I heard creaking. I opened my eyes fully and looked over at Silas. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, hair tousled in all different directions. His cheeks were bright red too.

"Silas," I said softly. I got off the chair and went over to him. He went to get up but I sat him back down.

"I have s-school mommy," he said half asleep. I don't remember the last time he called me mommy.

It was kind of odd considering her was going to be sixteen in the next six months.

"No school today Tesoro, go back to sleep," I whispered while laying him down. He vigorously shook his head but started getting comfy in his bed.

"I have a s-science test," he mumbled under his breath.

"It's alright, go back to sleep," I told him. I brushed his hair out of his face and kissed his forehead. He was now back asleep. I walked out of his room and washed up.

I showered and changed into some sweats and a crop top, wanting to be comfortable. I walked back into Silas's room just to check up on him. He was still sleeping. I sat back into the piano chair and brought out my phone. I checked a few messages then called Omar.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Vic, are you home?" He questioned.

"Yeah I'm home. We got back last night," I mumbled. He then began to lecture me about not telling him where I was and who I was with. I rolled my eyes the whole way through.

"Are you done?" I questioned slightly annoyed. He sighed.

"Now I'm done," he muttered.

"Okay, anyway, Silas is sick so I can't come to the gym later today," I mumbled.

"Will he be alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Hey look I gotta go, I need to do a few things," I sighed.

"Okay, bye," he muttered. I hung up with him and tried to make some breakfast for Silas. I put some toast in the toaster and grabbed some butter from the fridge.

When the toast was finished, I let it sit on the counter until it cooled because I know that's how he liked it.

I stood there for a little, staring out into space. I snapped out of my trance when I heard heavy breathing and mumbling. I walked over to Silas's room and saw him curled up into a ball.

I bent down in front of his bed and stared shaking him a little.

"Silas," I said softly. He was covered in sweat, shaking and mumbling things.

"Leave h-her alone," he cried. I saw a tear slide down his face. I sat on the bed and tried sitting him up.

"Silas, wake up it's just a dream," I said. He was now crying.

"No no no. S-Stop it. NO," he shouted. His eyes popped open. He was shaking and breathing heavily. He brought his hands up to his face and covered it. He was crying and I didn't even realise it.

What do it do?

I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back.

Why the actual fuck am I so awkward for?

"It's alright," I said softly. I kissed his head and waited for him to be ready to talk. He had eventually stopped crying, only small sniffles and hiccups filled the room.

"It's okay, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere," I assured. He lifted his head from my chest and rubbed his face.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked softly. He shook his head, no.

"Okay," I whispered.

My brother is a person who seeks comfort because he never got any growing up. I don't know if I comfort him enough, I'll never know if I'm doing enough for him.

"Sorry if I'm being weird," I mumbled, trying to lighten the mood. He shook his head.

"I like t-that you're weird. It's c-comforting," he sniffled. I let out a little breath of relief.

"I love you mama," he mumbled.

"Forever?" I asked with a cheeky smile. He returned a weak one and nodded.

"Forever,"
———————————————

mkayyy this is a short ass chapter and I apologise.

It's currently Eid holidays and have been super busy but please enjoy this update.

Happy Eid to all my Muslim followers.

Love you guys

Word count: 1884