SC 33. Silver Thread & Blue Note

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, you want gravy?" Lin Fan asked as she stood in front of me in the line.
"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled and brought my plate closer to her.

"I wonder what made them make us eat out here in the field." Keran spoke up from where she's in front of Lin Fan. "Do you think they're planning something?"

My brows furrowed and I looked at her in disbelief. "Obviously, Keran." I grumbled and pointed to the flat screen TV that they placed in the middle of the field. "If that isn't such a giveaway."

"Thing is, what are they gonna play there?" She pointed out and rose a brow.
"I'd pay to see... Mirror, mirror on the wall!" Yu Yan interjected with a laugh.

"Yah, shut up!" Keran yelled out, her face going a bright red.
"I'm P Keran from tei jingjing." Lin Fan chimed in with a teasing smirk and that made Keran pout at her.

"It wasn't just me! Yuxin performed it too!" Keran pointed out and gestured to Yuxin who was getting her food behind me.

I glanced too. And although her face was blank and covered most of what she's feeling, her ears have become a bright red. She's just as embarrassed as Keran. It brought an amused grin on my face but I didn't make any comments. Focusing on getting my food instead, trying to fit all I want on the small paper plate they gave us.

Soon, we are all moving towards the seats that they placed on the field. The sky was already completely dark now. And it was pretty. Even though it was nothing new to any of us. It looks as if the sky has exploded with billions of glittery specks, accompanying the lonely moon.

"Can I sit here?"

I looked up from where I was seated and saw that it was Yuxin. A small smile was present on her lips as she waited for an answer. "Pretty sure it doesn't have a name on it."

"I'll take that as a yes then." She said and settled down into the space.

We all started to eat. There was a soft song playing in the back ground, along with the other's loud conversations and laughter. And at that moment, it started to feel peculiar. In just two days' time, all these people I'm currently sharing this space with, would all walk away, including myself. Leading our own individual lives and some might even forget each other.

I let out a sigh and shook those thoughts out of my head. I hate how my mind could just make me sad for no reason almost all the time these days. I took a glance at Yuxin as I chewed. Almost all the potatoes are gone from her plate as those are what she's eating quickly.

"Yuxin." I called out and slightly nudged her on the side.
"H-huh?" She let out a confused sound before turning to me. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I-" I shook my head but she cut me off, eyes on my plate.

"Are you still hungry? What would you like? I still have some chicken. Here, Y/N."

Before I could even correct her, she was already fussing around as she placed some chicken on my plate. "Would you like anything else? I think-"

"Yuxin. It's fine." I cut her off and caught her hand as she's about to put another piece on my plate. "I was gonna ask if you wanted more potatoes since you already ate yours." I pointed out.

"Oh..." She mumbled as she blinked in realization before her cheeks turned a flushed red.
"Do you?" I asked again and gestured to my potatoes.

Her answer came as a shy nod after a couple of seconds. I gave a small smile as I moved the potatoes to her plate along with the pieces of chicken as I still have some on my plate. She was about to protests but I shook my head and gave her a look, telling her not to, anymore.