4. Hey, Girlfriend!

Y/N's POV

Nothing much have happened throughout the most of the week. Monday passed, followed by Tuesday, and so on, and now it's finally Friday.

The glory day, most students, including myself, love. Because after Friday, comes two days of being free from school. Free from school means free from nagging lectures and teachers, nosy people, and just I don't know... Free from studying. Unless you are someone who study more in the weekends, like I do sometimes... Rarely.

I just study when I have to. Most of the times, I spend learning about pointless things, like what would happen to us if ants are as big as our foot. One thing I don't understand is how I cannot focus on formulas at Chemistry class for an hour, but I can spend dusk to daylight, watching crappy conspiracy theories online and scaring the shit out of myself.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Lin Fan asked from beside me as we, along with Yu Yan, walked towards the cafeteria for lunch.
"Scaring the crap out of myself." I answered truthfully.

"Oh, we should have a horror movie marathon later, then. My place! What do you guys say?" She suggested, beaming brightly as she waited for Yu Yan and I to respond.
"Can't. Mom said some relatives are visiting the house for the weekend." I groaned out, lips slightly jutting out into a pout.

"Too bad!" She laughed out, clearly amused by my upcoming situation. I glared at her, halfheartedly wishing that if I stare hard and long enough, she'll melt into a puddle on the floor.

"What a good friend you are, Lin Fan. We are so lucky to have you, really." Yu Yan sarcastically said as she gave the girl a whack on the head.
"Psh, as if you're one to talk. See just now you whacked me in the head, which is totally uncalled for!" Lin Fan complained.

"But Y/N, honestly, we wish you the best of luck, and hopefully we'll see you well and alive next week." She added before completely halting in her spot and turning to me, making us do the same.
"What now?" I sighed. She looked at me seriously.

"May the odds be ever in your favor." She stated, before pressing three of her right hand's fingers to her lips and raising it up into the air.

People that passed by gave us weird looks as we stood there in the middle of the hallway, Lin Fan looking as serious as ever as she seemed to be 'blessing' me with her three fingers raised into the air, me looking at her with squinted eyes, weirded out by her antics, even though I shouldn't be anymore at this point. Yu Yan stood on the side, covering her face in embarrassment.

"Yu Yan, what are you doing? Give Y/N good luck too." Lin Fan called out, making Yu Yan shake her head wordlessly.
"Come on, the ritual should be done by the two of us or else it's all gonna be futile." Lin Fan reasoned.

"Woah, looks like someone swallowed a dictionary on the way here." I grumbled, making her then, turn to me, eyes narrowed to the point that they're almost closed.

"Whatever, never mind. I hope your relatives roast you until you're like a pecking duck." She snapped before putting her raised three fingers against my forehead and pushing, effectively making me stumble back from the force.

"Ouch! Fanfan, I'm telling you. I'm not letting you go to mom's shop again if you keep-"
"Now, now. No need to be extreme Y/N. I was just joking. Are you hurt? Do you want me to get ice?" Lin Fan immediately started to fuss around.
"Wow, good to know we're friends just because my mom's food is great." I muttered, rolling my eyes before pushing her away, sighing as she pouted at me.

"Stop it you two! We need to go to the cafeteria now." Yu Yan spoke up as she stepped up to stand between us.
"You know what happens if they run out of corn and vegetables." She added before wordlessly dragging us towards the cafeteria.