2. Lesson Number One

Y/N's POV

"We survived." Lin Fan panted beside me as we finally got inside our classroom.

"I think I left my soul at the third floor." Yu Yan breathe out as she leaned against me to catch her breath.

"You did? I left mine at the second." I replied as I closed my eyes, brushing my hair back as I inhaled deeply.

We all stood in the side of our classroom door. We were so unfortunate enough to get in the middle of all the ruckus. The few seconds of head start that we were able to have, was obviously not enough as not even a minute later, we were being pushed and squeezed in the crowd of students. All afraid to be late for their classes and face the wrath of strict teachers.

The classroom is quickly getting filled with students, all in a rush as they tried to locate their assigned seats. After managing to gain back our breathing, we all headed towards our seats, which are actually arranged alphabetically.

"You guys are so lucky to sit beside each other. Unlike me, on the other hand, has to sit next to the weirdo over there." Yu Yan complained as she walked with us.

"At least Dean is more decent than Fanfan here who does nothing but whine at me." I rolled my eyes and let out a groan as Lin Fan pinched my arm.

"Hey! May I remind you who keeps you entertained when it's Miss Fah's class and keep you from sleeping and getting in trouble! At least I speak to you, unlike Dean who just stares." She defended, huffing and crossing her arms.

"Right! It's like he's internally judging me, you know? Gives me the creeps." Yu Yan shuddered and groaned out, making me let out a small laugh and pat her shoulders.

"Maybe he has a crush on you." I teased, my joy getting short lived as she pinched my side, really hard, making me writhe in pain.

"Serves you right." With that, she turned on her heel, her wild, fiery red hair, slapping both Lin Fan and I on the face. I grumbled as I rubbed on the side she pinched, my annoyance getting larger as I realized that the people in the room are looking at us.

"What? Got something to say?" I snapped, raising a brow at them, murmurs of their answers of denial rang through the air and they looked away.

"Thought so." Mumbling to myself, I continued walking until I've reached my desk.

Why are people these days, so damn nosy? It's not even half of the day yet, but I'm already feeling drained. Heck, classes haven't even started yet. Maybe it's because I have to confront them in order to really shut them up or the fact that it's Monday. Surely, I can't be the only one who hates Mondays. If everybody just minded their own business, then I'm sure the world would be all peaceful and quiet.

In this school, Southshire High, I think it's pretty much safe to say that there's a hierarchical chain going on. You gain people's recognition and respect because you're popular either because A, you're rich or B, you're hella confident and has the charms.

For some, who is neither of the two given qualifications, there's always option C, which is what I like to define as my own personal option. Here's what you do, you get on their faces, and tell them to screw off and leave you the hell alone because you don't have time for their shit.

Before the incident a week ago, I guess I can say that I'm already known in the school. What am I known for; you might ask? I am known as the student who doesn't give a damn and can't be bothered to do so, but still manages to do well. The student who people constantly try to approach but was left to no avail.

"What the heck? Since when did I change my name to Lin Xiaozhai?!" I snapped out of my inner ponderings at the quite loud exclaim of Lin Fan's voice. Giving her a weird look, I placed my bag on the top of my desk and shrugged off my coat to hang it on the back of my chair.