SC 6. 831, xoxo

Y/N's POV

"Yah, Yuxin." I warned for what felt like the thousandth time as she poked me on the side again.
"But Y/N..." She whined and poked me again.

"Stop." I caught her finger and kept my hold on it as I narrowed my eyes at her.
"Okay." She sighed.

I kept my gaze on her for the next couple of seconds before I hesitantly let go of her finger. I turned away from her and back to the papers on my lap. It's the finalized script for the play. I'm now reading through it and checking if everything's fine and well.

We're now in the theater hall. But instead of practicing the scenes, the juniors are practicing in the stage for their campus program. We are just on stand-by and waiting for their practice to wrap up so we can conduct our own practice. I've busied myself with the script while Yuxin, she's obviously bored out of her mind.

"Y/N, I'm really bored." Yuxin huffed and her head slumped on my shoulder.
"Yes, I can see that, Yuxin." I drawled out as I flipped to another page.

"Go watch the juniors." I suggested and pointed to the stage
"Aren't you supposed to give them feedback?" I added.

Her answer only came as a small groan and snuggled closer. The simple gesture made me halt and my eyes widened in surprise. What got her to suddenly act affectionate? The heat on my face only grew and spread as I came to realize that some students are already looking our way. Whispering amongst themselves and grins stretching their lips.

"Where's Yuxin?" Ella Laoshi suddenly asked and looked around the hall.

I hurriedly nudged at Yuxin, biting my lips as I did so. "Yuxin, Ella Laoshi's looking for you."

"She's busy with Y/N, Ella Laoshi!" Lin Fan answered Ella Laoshi, voice unnecessary loud as she smirked at me.
"Aren't they cute?" Keran added as she stood next to Lin Fan.

I narrowed my eyes at the two of them. Now I'm wondering if it's even a good idea to get them together. It's like they've made it their life time goal to annoy and tease me. The two of them only grinned mischievously back at me before they dashed off towards the back stage.

"You are cute. But could I borrow Yuxin for a moment?" Ella Laoshi's eyes landed on us and a grin appeared on her lips.
"U-ugh, of course! No need to ask me or anyone..." I mumble before I nudged Yuxin, this time making her finally sit up straight.

The culprit seems to be pleased with her own actions, making me slightly glare at her, face still red in embarrassment. She only smiled sweetly before she stood up from her seat. She fixed her sweater first before she turned to me. I rose my brow, confused.

"Bye, bye." She said as if she's talking to a baby before her hand reached out and pinched at my cheeks.

Coos and wolf whistles echoes around the room as I stayed on my spot. I let out a huff and tried to sink further into my seat to hide away from everyone's stare. I caught Ella Laoshi's eyes and she winked exaggeratedly at me before turning back to the stage.

I covered and rubbed at my face. But I am quite surprised that she isn't scolding us like what Mister Shang would've done if he was here. Nonetheless, I'm glad she isn't. who would want to get a proper scolding in front of other people, right?

I spent my time continuing to read the script. Checking if there's any grammatical errors in it and correcting them. It's not really a heavy task. Given that I was the one who wrote it and I already checked it prior to giving it to Ella Laoshi.

I only looked up as I felt someone sitting on the vacan't seat next to me. I was greeted with Jiaqi. She let out quite a long sigh as she sunk into the chair, a wide smile present on her face. I watched her curiously, wondering what could be going on inside her mind. But I didn't dare to ask it out loud.