31. Uncanny

Y/N's POV

"Is it too late to change my mind?" I mumbled from beside mom and Minsu.
"Y/N, be kind!" Mom scolded and pinched my side. The scorching pain that shot up my side made me flinch away and pout.

Why is it, that for every good thing that happens, there would always be something in return? In order to gain, we have to lose something. In my own case, I was lucky enough that mom finally agreed to leave me in our house alone, for a whole week. But of course, life is cruel and there would always be a catch. That is, I have to act like a babysitter for most of the week.

Mom, Minsu and I stood in our doorway as we watched Mrs. Liu head back to her car that's parked in front of our house. She opened the backseat and proceeded to help her daughter, Liu Yuxin out before reaching inside her car again and pulled out a duffel bag of clothing, I presume.

Mrs. Liu said that Liu Yuxin has fallen sick and that she caught a cold. And now, the two of them are here because Mrs. Liu happens to have a business trip and told us that she can't leave her child alone and neither can she bring her along with her. Hence, the reason why they're here right now.

I let out a huff before turning to walk back to the living room where Kong Xue'er is at. She was just there and lounging around in one of the couches, eyes trained on her phone. I let out a long sigh before walking and standing right in front of her form.

"Tell mom to not go anymore." I crossed my arms as she looked up at me and rose a brow.
"Why the hell would I do that?" She tested and even rolled her eyes.

"So, you can go alone. Duh! It's a win-win. You get to travel alone and I wouldn't have to deal with her." I reasoned, pertaining to Liu Yuxin.

My brows furrowed as I saw Kong Xue'er give me a smirk as if she's enjoying. She sat up right on the couch and also crossed her arms over her chest. That smirk didn't vanish from her lips as she twirled a strand of her hair in thought.

"Maybe I will, on one condition. Give me Yuxin's number." She finally said and it just made me want to smack her face even more.
"How do you expect me to have it? I don't." I answered blankly, making her roll her eyes and the smirk fell from her lips.
"Then you can forget about your offer." She replied before focusing back on her phone.

Dear lord and heavens, please give me enough patience as to not give this girl in front of me, a whack on the head, hard. It's not like I have something against Liu Yuxin. Or maybe I do. It's tiny but it's still there. I can never know what goes on with that brain of hers.

Of course, she has been... nice, per say. But people are unpredictable. They change so often that it's hard to identify if what they're showing is genuine or not. Besides, it's suspicious that out of all places, Mrs. Liu chose to bring her here. It's more logical to bring her to her friends, Keran and Xiaotang.

"Well, tell you what. Right now, Liu Yuxin is at the front porch with her mother." I informed and crossed my arms as a smirk painted my lips.
"What, really?!" She squealed and hurriedly stood up.

I rolled my eyes as I watched her scurry off to the porch as expected. What's got her so hooked with Liu Yuxin, anyway? It's not like the other girl is giving her any attention or whatsoever. I let out a sigh before following suit. Hopefully, I could find a way out of this somehow.

"I'm really sorry for the short notice, Hua." I heard Mrs. Liu say as I stood next to mom again.
"I'm just not comfortable leaving Yuxin alone, knowing how stubborn she is." She added, to which mom just dismissively waved off.
"It's fine, no worries."

I looked at Liu Yuxin and took in her appearance. Her hair is undone and messily laid on top of her head. I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Liu just dragged her out of bed and went straight here. Her clothes were also death giveaways as she's just wearing a hoodie and some flannel pants.