SC 26. Frosted Over

Y/N's POV

"Y/N..."

I ignored it and continued eating.

"Y/N, let's switch." Yiyun whispered again and I felt her nudge me.

I ignored it again and continued eating. The next seconds were peaceful until I felt a sharp pinch on my ribs, making me drop my chopsticks and wince.

"Ou – mph!" My yelp got cut off as Yiyun shoved a broccoli into my mouth, making me almost choke.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Mom asked as she was seated in front of us.

"Yes she is, Auntie. She said the broccoli tasted good. Right, Y/N?" Yiyun answered instead and I just nodded.
"Eat more then." Mom waved us off and I just nodded again.

Once she looked away from us. I elbowed Yiyun on the side and glared at her. On her other side was Yuxin. The reason why she wanted so bad to switch places. She feels rather uncomfortable sitting between us. I was trapped between Yiyun and the wall.

"This is so awkward..." Yiyun grumbled under her breath. "Come on, let's just switch so she can stop staring at you." She whispered again.

"No." I stated firmly as I continued eating.
"You owe me big time for this." She huffed before shoving a piece of beef into her mouth.
"Yeah, whatever." I mumbled.

It was awkward for me as well. I try to distract myself with the conversation between Mom and Jiaqi, but the stare was slightly unnerving. I don't like being watched. Much more by someone I'm not particularly fond of. I could literally feel her eyes drilling holes on to the side of my head.

Why does mom have to be so kind and invite everyone she sees, with us to dinner? And why would Yuxin even agree then? Tsk.

The rest of dinner passed like a breeze. Mom didn't even notice a single thing wrong as she was too caught up chatting with Jiaqi and Kong Xue'er about their relationship. I almost feel embarrassed because of the questions she asked. But it was fine, at least she wasn't nagging me about mine.

It wasn't long before we were back in the car and on the way home. I was sat at the front seat while mom was driving. I managed to convince Yiyun to switch with me and so, I didn't have to deal with any more awkwardness. I kept my eyes out in the streets, still enthralled with the scenery that I've already passed a million times.

Jiaqi was the first one to go. Mom let her off with a promise to come over the house soon and she agreed. Practically skipping over to her house. She must have been happy to be officially introduced to us as Kong Xue'er's girlfriend.

"Right. Here's your stop, Yuxin." Mom announced as we stopped in front of their house.
"Thank you for the dinner and ride, auntie." The girl said as she stepped out of the car.

"No worries! Come by the house anytime!" Mom replied, making me roll my eyes.

At least that's over now and I could finally be at ease. But what I should have learned by now is how unpredictable mom can get. Instead of starting the car again, she ended up rolling my window down, making me shiver as the cold air ended up hitting my face. I huffed under my breath. Maybe she just forgot to say something.

A couple of seconds passed and mom said nothing, making me glance at her. Only to see that she's looking at me. She then gestured to Yuxin who is still standing outside. I gave mom a blank look. Not understanding what she wanted me to do.

"Aren't you going to say bye to your friend?" She then said and pointed to Yuxin again.

I pursed my lips as an irk of annoyance hit me. what's up with her? I turned to Yuxin to see her looking back at me with a small smile. "Bye."