67. Clownery Of The Uncertain

Y/N's POV

I've never stared at a doorknob for so long in my entire eighteen years of existence. Until now. Five minutes and forty-three seconds. I've been counting since I got here. The doorknob looks worn-out. Tarnished silver with littering scratches. Southshire High should invest on a new one. I facepalmed and groaned. Why am do I even notice these nonsensical things?

I let out a deep breath and reached out to finally open the door I've been staring at for almost six full minutes. It's the door to Class A's room. The feeling and urge to just run away is getting worse the longer I stand here. The final bell already rang about four minutes ago. I intentionally stayed behind in order to avoid everyone.

That's what I've been doing lately. Come on, Y/N, just open the door. Yeah, and pretend like nothing's going to happen. The issues about me are still on the hot topic.

Maybe I should just wait for Mister Jin to arrive so I can avoid everything and everyone. That would work. I nodded to myself and so, I continued standing there and went back to staring at the door. Six minutes and thirty-six seconds.

"What are you doing?"

I jolted and jerked back as I heard someone speak from beside me. I breathe in as I clutched my chest. I'm so jumpy as of late. I looked up and nearly fell over again as I saw Yuxin standing there. I couldn't even speak as I just stood there dumbly, face flaring up.

Silence enveloped the two of us as we stood there. Her face is pink as she gave me a smile. It's not helping my case at all. That simple smile just made my face feel hotter. What should I do? I swallowed as I averted my eyes from her and raked a hand through my hair.

"So... umm, what are you doing outside? Is the door broken?" She asked and I could tell how hesitantly she took a closer step.
"H-huh? Ah, no. It's not." I answered and cleared my throat as I stuttered.

My eyes drifted down and into the floor as I awkwardly shifted from one foot to another. The tiles on the floor looks really nice and clean. I wonder what the cleaners use to clean all this up. I pursed my lips as I felt Yuxin's eyes on my head. I couldn't bring myself to look up. I suddenly don't know how to talk to her.

"Oh, okay... Why were you just staring at it?" She asked again.

I glanced at her and saw her awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck. I crossed my arms over my chest and bear with the awkwardness. My eyes remained stuck on her, noticing how neat but at the same time soft, her hair looks as it fell over her eyes. And the moment my gaze met hers, I turned away, flustered that she caught me staring.

"I, erm... practicing my telekinetic abilities...? Ugh, yeah." I didn't even know half of the words I'm saying right now.
"Well, it's not working. S-so, I'll just go in now."

I let out an awkward laugh and stepped closer to the door to go inside. This is more awkward than anything I've ever experienced before. I was about to open the door when she stopped me. I practically froze right on my spot as she grabbed my hand.

"Wait, please."

I feel my heart pound crazily as she licked her lips and squeezed my hand more. Oh, my god. I gulped, my head feels like it's going to explode soon. Liu Yuxin, what the hell are you doing to me? I looked at her with wide eyes, wondering what she's going to do or say.

A bulb went on in my head and my eyes widened even more. Is she going to talk about the kiss? A part of me is curious as to what she's going to say but I'm also quite... scared? Scared that maybe this would be it. I've grown so accustomed and used to her being around. I... I don't want to lose that.