SC 7. A Clown's Mind

Lin Fan's POV

"Y/N, I'm on my way!" I cheerfully sang into the phone as I walked towards their house.

It's only nine in the morning but I'm already here to have her help me with my papers. I made sure to come early because I also want us to hang out like how we would. Yu Yan's not with me because, well... I don't really know. But I remember her mentioning something about doing something.

A couple of seconds passed and I didn't hear anything. I looked at my phone in confusion.. the group call is still ongoing and Y/N is still there. Did she fall asleep again? I let out a huff.

"Y/N! don't fall asleep on me!" I called out and brought the phone closer to my lips.

"Lin Fan, it's only nine in the morning. You know she usually wakes up at ten or even afternoon." Yu Yan pointed out.

"I'm... awake..." Y/N then mumbled with a yawn, making me grin widely.
"Y/N, I'm at your front door!" I informed.

"Umm, why?" She asked and I could sense the drowsiness in her voice.
"Because you said you're gonna help me with my position paper, right? And we could hang out." I answered and let out a sigh, slowly getting irritated.

"He, no fair! I need help with my paper too!" Keran spoke up in complaint.
"Why didn't you guys invite anyone of us?" Xiaotang butted in.

"I forgot I was even supposed to help her." Y/N groaned out.
"And I thought Keran's already gonna help you with your positions?" She added sarcastically.

From the other line, I heard Yu Yan choking on a laugh and Xiaotang full out laughing as I spluttered and flushed bright red in the face. I rubbed at my face and stayed quiet for a second as I start to wonder what I did to deserve friends like them. It must have been a terrible thing to do.

"Y/N, don't tease Fanfan like that. She might malfunction in the middle of a street." Keran said, tone dripping with hints of amused laughter.

"Yah, Lu Keran! You're no help either!" I yelled, only to immediately stop as I realized I'm outside.

I looked around, hoping no one is out of their house to see me. My face flushed redder than it already is as my eyes landed on the old couple, gardening their yard. I sheepishly smiled and waved at the, before quickening my pace. I tilted my head away from them.

"Y/N, I'm already here. Open up!" I spoke to the phone again as I stood in front of their door and rang the bell.
"... fine. Hold on." Y/N sighed once again before she left the call.

"Fanfan, we want to come over too!" Keran complained.
"Yeah, can we?" Xiaotang asked.

"Umm, I'm sure Y/N's fine with it. Maybe you guys could come over for lunch." I answered.
"What about Yuxin?" I then asked cause she's not in the call with us.

"Oh, I'm sure she'll agree faster than flash. We just have to say Y/N's name and then BAM! Piece of cake!" Xiaotang cheered with a loud laugh.
"Yeah, she's right. That one's too whipped." Keran commented.

"Right. Yu Yan, you coming too?" I asked.
"Sure. I'm bored anyway." She mumbled.

"Okay then. See you guys later!" I said and hung up after they said their own byes.

Just in time, the Lee's front door opened . I was then greeted with the sight of Y/N still in her pajamas. I gave her a wide grin and she just sighed before opening the door wider. I didn't pay much mind to it, used to how she is especially at the early hours of the morning. She's not really what you can call a morning person.

"Good morning, Y/N, my best friend!" I greeted and lunged at her with a hug.
"Good morning." She groaned and pushed me off her.

"You go eat in the kitchen, I'll just get ready quickly." She mumbled and lazily walked back to the stairs.