SC 16. Snow In April

Y/N's POV

It's now Monday at School and we're all in our classroom. Except Yuxin's seat is empty. She isn't in the room and not in campus. I haven't heard of her since Friday. Last week when we all went out to eat for dinner. My messages remained unread and unanswered and my calls, all missed. I don't understand anything.

Was she avoiding me? Or was I just being too clingy? But I am worried. 2 days have passed and she could have at least sent me a simple message. But nothing. I don't know what to do. It did not help that I had an encounter with Dalton. It left me anxious.

"Will you stop fidgeting around? Do you need to pee or something?" Yu Yan grumbled beside me, where she's reading a book. I didn't answer and just bit my lips. Watching Yuxin's seat as if she'll appear out of nowhere.

"She's got the lovesick blues~!" Xiaotang sang loudly before she patted my shoulder. "Aiya! Maybe Yuxin's just fixing something for her university application and is busy." She added with a light laugh.

"You think?" I muttered and glanced at her.
"Uh-huh! That's always been her plan. Prepare for university as soon as she can." She confidently nodded with a hum.

Though I'm not fully convinced of her answer, I chose to just nod along. And with a sigh, I tried to take my mind off things by reading like Yu Yan. Key word – tried.

I found myself reading over and over again, the same exact sentence. Not understanding anything and mind still lingering around Yuxin. If she's busy, is she really so busy that she can't send me even just one text or even read the messages I've sent? Didn't she ever think that I would be worried about her? She's my girlfriend.

Almost half of the day passed and things remained the same. My texts remained unanswered and phone silent. I couldn't even bring myself to focus on my tasks. By this time, the worry had already been glazed with sheer frustration.

I glanced at the burger in front of me before taking bite after bite of it and chewing. Draining out all my frustrations to eating. It's now lunch. What other way to destress other than eating good food, right?

"What did that burger ever do to you, Y/N?" Lin Fan asked out, making me give her a glance before rolling my eyes, not bothering to reply.
"Don't think of Yuxin so much. I'm sure she's all right. She texted me." Xiaotang spoke up.

I paused and turned to her, eyes narrowing. Yuxin had the time to message her but not even ten seconds to read my messages? This is getting more and more confusing and frustrating. Had I done something wrong? I didn't from what I could remember.

"What did she say?" Keran asked Xiaotang.

"Not much. Just told me to fill in for her." Xiaotang shrugged before eating. "You know how cold she texts. It's like she's saving words."

I didn't say anything and just went back to eating furiously. It seems like I'm the only one she's ignoring. So, that only means that I somehow did something to her. But what?

Whatever. If she doesn't want to talk then so be it. I don't want to push myself where I'm clearly not supposed to be.

But what if something happened to her?

And what if Xiaotang was right? That Yuxin's just busy and she now thinks I'm overly clingy.

For the rest of the day, my mood kept getting lower and lower and I was starting to get frustrated at myself as well. Maybe this is just from being overly stressed out with everything going on with my life. I just can't seem to get a break.

"Let's have an early wrap up today!" Ella Laoshi announced as we finished going through the practice for the play. "It's clear that you're all still tired and I understand that." She added and smiled.