SC 5. Fox's Guide To Life

Y/N's POV

A small sigh left my lips as we all stood up to head down for lunch. My back is slightly hurting because of sitting down for a long time on a plastic chair. I rubbed at it in hopes of soothing away the pain. We all bowed at Mister Jin one more time before he walked out, followed by eager classmates.

I slung my bag on my shoulders before walking towards Lin Fan and Yu Yan so we can go together. Once Lin Fan's eyes landed on me, she gave a wide grin and stepped towards me in excitement.

"I'm so hungry. We should have dumplings." She suggested in a small whine as she clutched my arm.

"I kinda want ramen." I replied, making her nod in agreement and hum.
"Ramen and dumplings." She mumbled and sighed.

I shook my head. She's daydreaming about food again. My eyes scanned the room in search of Yuxin. She really is hard to read sometimes. I saw her by her seat and just packing up her bag. Her vibes seems normal now. At least better than earlier.

"Hey, Y/N. What are you having for lunch?" I heard Keran ask, making me turn back to them.
"Ramen and some dumplings." I answered.
"Nice. Maybe I'll just have that too." She nodded.

"I heard there's a new salad recipe." Lin Fan spoke up and it immediately caught Yu Yan's attention.
"Is that so? We should go now." Yu Yan said and quickly gathered her things. So typical.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as an arm suddenly draped over my shoulders. I looked at the arm in confusion before I turned and looked up to see Yuxin. Before I could say anything, she turned us around and began walking towards the door, her arm remaining on my shoulders.

"Hey! You can't just snatch Y/N away!" Lin fan protested but it fell upon deaf ears as Yuxin continued on.

"Yuxin-" I started as I tried to match her pace.
"I'm kinda hungry. What about you? My treat." She said and flashed me a wide grin.

I looked at her for a couple more moments, at a lost for words. Wait what? So she didn't really take the zodiac so seriously? She turned back to the front, yet I couldn't look away, still looking at her as we walked. Is it okay to fawn over her this much? It's just like there's a new thing to discover every time I look at her.

"You have a mole here." I said and reached out to poke at the side of her face.
"Yes, I know. I've had it since birth." She replied with a small laugh.

"But it's faint. Meaning you were staring so long to notice it." She added.
"Aren't you cute?"

"Was not." I huffed in denial and turned to the front.
"It's fine. I give you full permission to." She assured and tugged me closer, making a red flush appear on my face.

"Tsk. Whatever." I grumbled and she let put a small laugh.

We continued our way towards the cafeteria. The others catching up but staying behind. We reached the cafeteria and as she said, Yuxin treated me to lunch. Before long, we are all seated on our table and eating.

"Yah, Yuxin! How come you only treated Y/N? We've been friends for eternity." Xiaotang called Yuxin out as she swallowed her food.

"Are you the girlfriend?" Yu Yan asked as she's sitting beside Xiaotang, who didn't answer.
"That's right. No. Continue eating." Yu Yan huffed and rolled her eyes before turning back to her salad.

"Y/N! Lee Y/N! Y/N!"

The cafeteria fell into silence as the yells of my name was heard throughout the area. I turned my head and panned my eyes over the room, trying to figure out who's calling like they're lost in the mountains. It didn't take long before my eyes landed on a running Jiaqi.