SC 31. KeFan Rescue Team

Lin Fan's POV

"Y/N, the pancakes are burning!" I pointed out.

"H-huh?" She jolted and looked around, lost. "Oh, right..." She mumbled before reaching over and flipping the pancake and transferring it to a plate.

It was already a little dark at the middle and smoke was going off it. Y/N didn't say anything about it and just poured more batter into the pan before leaning back on the wall and closing her eyes. Completely unbothered.

I looked at Keran and we both grimaced. But it's not like I have the guts to complain to Y/N. Given how she is at the moment. I'll just not eat the burnt ones. My eyes then widened as Keran then turned to Y/N and before I could stop her, it was already all too late.

"It looks burnt to me, Y/N..." She commented and I facepalmed as Y/N's eyes snapped open and narrowed in on her.

"You dare to complain, you ungrateful swine?" Y/N tested and sat up right to point the spatula to Keran's face. "Let me remind you that it's 6:30 in the goddamn morning and I should be sleeping instead of making pancakes just because two people are too dumb to do so! So, shut up and if it looks burnt, close your freaking eyes!"

"Okay! Let's calm down and breathe." I interjected as I pulled Y/N away from Keran who looks downright terrified of what she just witnessed. "There we go... the pancakes look just fine, Y/N." I soothed as she finally calmed down.

"Tell that girlfriend of yours." She grunted and rolled her eyes before closing them again.

I turned to Keran and shook my head at her shocked expression. Y/N was rarely ever pleasant in the morning, especially when she just woke up. Even worse if she got woken up. Keran huffed and her lips jutted out into a pout before reaching over to eat a piece of pancake.

It's currently about 6:30 in the morning and the three of us are outside the room, cooking pancakes in an electric stove. I woke up early and was craving pancakes so I woke Keran up. We wouldn't have included Y/N since we didn't want to wake her up but we don't really know how to do things right and Y/N also makes delicious food.

All the others are still sleeping inside the room so everything was really quiet. But I know that Lisa Laoshi is going to come soon to wake them all up for the day.

"Why are you already eating?" Keran spoke up, making me turn to see her looking at Y/N who was nibbling on a pancake.

"Because I woke up to cook this while you just wait and still get to eat." Y/N grumbled. "Annoy me one more time and I'll slap you with this spatula." She then threatened.

I shook my head at the two of them and just ate too. It was still slightly dark out and the wind was chilly. It was a peaceful feeling. Even though I'm loud and like to talk, I enjoy quiet times like this too. Being awake at this time gives me a comforting feeling. No one is awake yet and that means that you don't need to worry about anyone else.

"I'll just grab my jacket... It's cold." I mumbled and stood up from my spot as another gust of wind passed.
"Grab mine too. The blue one on my bed." Y/N requested and I just nodded.

I quietly stepped into the room, careful not to make too much noise and wake the others. Y/N had already pulled the curtains to let the light outside seep into the room. So it wasn't that dark anymore. I went to my mattress and wore my jacket over my head before moving to Y/N's to grab hers.

I was just about to leave the room when I heard someone groaning. I paused. Was I too loud? I turned to the side and let out a relieved sigh. It was only Yuxin. I watched as she slowly started to shuffle around. Maybe to find a new spot to sleep in.