8. The Other Side

Liu Yuxin's POV

"So, aren't you going to tell us what's wrong?"

I paused in the middle of eating as Keran's question broke the silence. I looked at her blankly, lips pressed into a thin line as my eyes slowly narrowed and formed into a glare.

"Seriously, Keran. You still found the need to ask that question when you, yourself, saw everything that happened?" Xiaotang let out a groan and gave Keran's shoulder a whack since they are sitting beside each other and me, across them. Keran just let out a huff as she rubbed her shoulders.

"And you've been her friend for almost a decade, yet you can't tell that it's not the only thing bothering her." Keran rolled her eyes and gave Xiaotang a whack on the shoulder as well.

I shook my head as I watched them start to bicker with each other, Keran's question completely slipping from their minds. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, choosing to turn back to my food and continue eating instead.

I carefully lifted my chopstick to my mouth, trying not to spill any of the sauce on my lips and make the cut sting again. I guess I'm not careful enough as the sauce did drip on my lips, making me wince but continue eating anyway.

"You're stupid."

"No, you are!"

"No, you."

"You are! Look, Yuxin has a cut on her lower lip!" Keran pointed at me as I chewed, making me raise a brow.
"So?" I queried as I finished swallowing the food.
"Yeah, so what?" Xiaotang followed.

"Ugh! You're both dumb." Keran huffed out in annoyance, making me raise a brow in amusement at her statement.
"Some guts you got to say that to Southshire High's Rank 1 student." Xiaotang laughed out, throwing her head back as laughs went out of her lips.

"Tsk! Think of it, Xiaotang. How many fights did Yuxin got involved in?" Kerana asked, looking annoyed.
"I don't know. Too much to keep track of." Xiaotang shrugged, making me roll my eyes but didn't bother opening my lips to argue with them.

"Exactly! And how many of those times did she got hit back? That's right, none of them! So, something must've happened." Keran pointed out and turned to me, a look of expectation on her face. I huffed and turned away from her, hoping that she'll just wave, whatever she's thinking of, off.

"Damn, that actually make sense. For the first time!" Xiaotang's lips we're agape, eyes wide open like a grand epiphany has just occurred to her.
"See, I told- hey! That's offensive." Keran whined out in annoyance and rolled her eyes.

"At least I got to prove that you're stupid." She added, making me huff for what is like the thousandth time already as in no time, they started to argue once again about who's stupider between the two of them. Well, in my opinion, it's more of 'The stupid and the stupider'.

It's already past 2 in the morning, about a quarter away to 3. It hasn't been a full hour since everything happened. From getting cheated and almost crashing to barbed wires and getting into a fight with a guy. And finally, like the cherry on top of how it's all been going downhill, someone from Southshire High, apart from Keran and Xiaotang, saw me. I feel irritation creeping up me again as I thought of it.

Instead of letting myself wallow in that feeling, I turned back to my food. If there's one thing that could temporary ease me up, it's food. So, here we are, at a hotpot place in town, eating like starved people at 3 am.

"The whole damn universe to Liu Yuxin! Liu Yuxin to the whole damn universe!" I was brought back from my thoughts as Keran waved her hand in front of my face.
"What?" I asked, brows furrowed in confusion and feeling lost.