SC 32. Old Conversations

Start from the beginning

"What do you want me to do? I don't have cake." I groaned out as I closed my book fully.

"But you can make one right?" She said and blinked repeatedly. "Even just a mug cake?"

I pursed my lips before letting out a groan. "Fine."

"Great!"

With that, she's tugging me up and towards the cafeteria. Truth be told, is that I was craving for something sweet as well and a mug cake sounds good now. And also doesn't take a lot of time. The two of us headed to the cafeteria and surprisingly, we didn't cross the others on the way.

"We're gonna make mug cake, mug cakes yeah!" Yu Yan sang in excitement as we started crushing some cookies.

I let out a sigh and just let her be. And I think anyone would agree when I say that Yu Yan's cute when she's like this. And no chance that she'll actually listen when I tell her to stop. The mixture was soon done and now we are waiting for it to cook in the microwave. I sat back on the chair and continued with my book for the mean time.

"Glaring at it won't make it cook faster, Yu Yan." I commented as she watched the microwave.
"I know... but it feels satisfying." She answered and shrugged before going back to glaring at the microwave.

My brows furrowed even more as she continued to act weirder. I don't even know why she decided t choose me as her victim for today. Where is Daimeng anyway and also the others? It's unfair that only I get to suffer here.

"This is taking way too long." Yu Yan groaned. "I'm gonna get a drink, you want one?" She offered and pointed to the vending machine at the corner.

"No thanks." I declined and shook my head.
"Okay, won't take too long." She spoke before she stood up and jogged towards the machine.

Just then, the microwave finally let out a long-awaited beep. I closed my book and went towards it to take the mug cakes out. They smell so good and at an instant, Yu Yan popped up beside me, hands holding a plain black can.

"Wait, let it cool down for a bit." I spoke before she could reach out to the mugs and she let out a huff. "What's that? I don't think I've seen that brand before." I then asked and gestured to the can.

"Oh this? I don't know either." She shrugged before opening up. "It was the only one and I got curious. It didn't even have a name on it."

"Don't you think that's a bit unsafe?" I pointed out as she goes to drink it.

"Ah, it's fine..." She waved me off. "Why would it be there if it's poison or something." She reasoned and before I could say anything, she already took a swig on it. "Ooh, it taste like citrus? Maybe pomelo? It's good, you want some?" She offered and I shook my head.

"Heck, Yu Yan... I swear, if you die..." I grumbled and rolled my eyes before I felt her hit my arm.
"You're overdramatic. I'm fine!" She laughed off before she drank from the can again.

"Whatever. We can eat now." I muttered before sliding one mug towards her and grabbed the other for myself.

The cakes were still warm as we ate. With her, taking swigs from the mysterious black can from time to time. I didn't say anything about it anymore. She seems completely fine. I turned my attention towards my phone instead. And time passed and our mugs are already empty and so was Yu Yan's drink.

What's weird was that Yu Yan started to laugh and giggle to herself about the littlest of things. And I mean it. The curtain could be swayed by the wind and she'll be laughing her ass off about it until her face turns red.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall!" She suddenly sang out with a round of giggle. "I don't need you anymore!... what goes next, Y/N?" She then asked and acted to hand me a mic.