Chapter 26 - Daddy to the Rescue

Start from the beginning

Harriet's heart pounded as she drew in a shuddering breath, gathered her courage, and tried to think.

She mentally berated herself for not trying harder to master Occlumency and Legilimency years ago.

If she had been able to enter Severus's mind, maybe then she could have told him what happened, who had taken her, and where she was.

.......But where was she, anyway?

She looked around the windowless room, or place, or wherever it was that Elion had brought her and only saw........darkness.

The details of her new environment remained hidden to her eyes.

All she could see was Elion, the light from his wand's tip, and the bed beneath her.

Harriet grit her teeth and bravely faced her adversary with the same, unyielding determination that she had shown the Dark Lord as she defiantly declared, ".........Severus will find me."

"Not if he doesn't know where to look." Elion replied with a wicked smirk.

"NO!" Harriet shrieked as he took a step towards her.

She thrashed violently as Elion flicked his wrist.

He sneered as he conjured a magical gag to wrap over her mouth and force her into silence.

Harriet turned away from Elion as best she could, but another burst of light from his wand sent her eyes rolling back into her head as she slipped again into a merciful sleep punctuated by dreams of more pleasant circumstances.

—————————————————————-

Severus didn't bother going to the Ministry and asking the aurors for help, that would take too long.

He didn't visit any of his old friends for fear that they wouldn't support him in his mission.

No, Severus felt that he had to go after Harriet by himself.

The Dacres had been massive supporters of Lord Voldemort during the war.

After what Elion had attempted to do to Harriet months ago, Severus held the family fully responsible for her sudden and inexplicable disappearance.

Severus had become familiar with the Dacres over the years, but they had always insisted on hiding the exact location of their home.

There were few concealment charms that could keep Severus Snape from finding what he wanted.

After he performed a few tracing spells using his wedding ring and his memories of Harriet, he arrived on the outskirts of their property with a loud pop.

The Dacres were affluent in their own right, yet their assets couldn't compare to the Malfoys' wealth and status.

Severus couldn't care less as he blasted his way through the Dacres' iron gate, strode up the front steps, and used the heavy, wooden knocker on the door.

A moment later, that door opened and Severus found himself staring at.......no one.

He heard a slight movement and glanced down to see a very miserable house elf scowling up at him.

The house elf looked hungry, angry, and it had an odd way of standing with its back bent out of shape as if it were very cold.

Severus did not have time or energy to spare in sympathy for the elf's plight.

He was in a hurry to save Harriet from the peril that she and their baby may be facing at that exact moment.

"I need to speak to your master, Archichat Dacre." Severus snapped at the elf.