Chapter 24 - The Snapes' Nest

Start from the beginning

Harriet blinked as her lover herded her back downstairs to begin the necessary negotiations with the realtor to purchase the property.

Under other circumstances, the Snapes may have taken a longer amount of time to consider their decision a bit more, especially Severus, who enjoyed calculated musings, but Mr. Snape was in a hurry.

His expectant wife had asked him for a proper home and he had waited weeks for the opportunity to grant her wish at last.

—————————————————————

The house was already conveniently emptied and ready for its new owners to move inside on their own schedule.

Over the next two weeks, Harriet and Severus worked to transform the empty dwelling into their home.

Harriet hadn't asked for Severus's original proposed idea of domesticity, she had merely asked for a place to share with him and their child......their children?

Severus was the one who had slyly realized that his own dream could coincide with the completion of Harriet's request.

She couldn't argue with him.

Their new house was lovely, set amid a backdrop of picturesque hillsides and the rolling lavender fields of the farm that bordered their property line.

The lawn in front of the house was a rich bed of shimmering, green grass.

The home itself was made of white stone, with a cobbled chimney, and a dark, thatched roof, crowned by an arched front door that evoked thoughts of more whimsical stories than either Harriet or Severus had been able to experience.

The home was well planned, with a cozy kitchen, a grand living area, a separate dining room, three lavatories, and a plethora of bedrooms upstairs, which the realtor had assured them would become useful if they ever decided that they wanted to continue growing their family.

Harriet wasn't too sure about that, but she did enjoy the nook that was in the room that she shared with Severus.

Truthfully, the dwelling reminded her of the cottage that she had shared with her husband and Teddy over autumn break, which may or may not have contributed to her decision.

After extensive shopping trips, while Severus moved the furniture and other household items to their correct placement, the first thing that Harriet set up in her new home was her nest.

Harriet's cozy resting spot was spread out on the floor, tucked sweetly into that bedroom nook, and composed of all the many blankets, sheets, pillows, and soft fabrics that Severus had managed to give to her or purchase for her.

Whenever Severus paused from his work to go and check on Harriet, he was profoundly pleased to find his mate snuggled into her nest with her long hair fanned out behind her and the covers pulled up to her full breasts.

Snuggled in her nest, that was exactly where Severus wanted his pregnant wife to be.

—————————————————————

By the time Harriet was thirty-one weeks along, she and Severus had completed their move-in process.

Severus's chambers at Hogwarts had been mostly emptied, except for the bed that they had thoughtfully left behind so that Harriet could have a place to lay down when she needed.

Professor Snape had no more need of his living quarters at the castle, besides using them as a temporary resting location for Harriet when she became tired during the day.

Professor Snape only needed to bring his beloved wife home each night, shower her in his tender affections, and ensure her health and happiness.

Between Severus's savings and Harriet's fortune, the Snapes had managed to buy and furnish their home without a Knut of debt.