155

The black smoke was filled, the sea of ​​flames was tumbling, and half of the sky was reflected in red. Suddenly, a reinforcement soldier with the flag of the Western Army burst out and rushed into the Beirong camp.

The screaming horses neighed everywhere, and the Northern Rong cavalry hurriedly retreated.

The ailing defenders above the city immediately cheered up and shouted: "We will go out of the city to meet them!"

     "and many more!"

Yaoying called Bodhidharma, her voice trembling slightly, "How can we be sure that the reinforcements are our people?"

Bodhidharma was taken aback for a moment: "Aren't they ours?"

Yaoying said: "The tactics that the Beirong people are best at are encirclement, feint retreat, surprise attack, heart attack, wave after wave of charge, siege and hunt, drive slave civilians to break through our fortifications, and clear the way for their cavalry.  I have seen...they are the only ones who are not good at siege."

"We have to prevent them from pretending to retreat, first find a way to confirm the identity of the reinforcements."

In the book, the old Haidu Aling led the army to attack the city. After conquering various places, he promoted a group of skilled craftsmen who are good at making equipment. Those craftsmen are not only highly skilled, but also proficient in mathematics and science. He relied on the various inventions they invented.  The siege weapon broke through the gates one after another.

When Yaoying was in the Haidu Aling camp, she picked up sheep dung, groomed wool, fed horses, and carried heavy weapons. She not only missed the horse breeds that Haidu Aling cultivated, but also paid attention to the craftsmen he collected.  After escaping to the royal court, she asked Lao Qi to help her pay attention to those experienced craftsmen, as long as they had skills, no matter where they were, she wanted them.

There are not enough artisans in the current Haidu Aling Tent to help him make siege equipment. Even if there are artisans, Bei Rong is torn apart, and he cannot raise so many military supplies in his capacity.

Yaoying even suspected that the food and grass of the Northern Rong army outside the city would not last long.

"We are not strong enough, and we are not good at checking and balancing the cavalry. We cannot confront Bei Rong head-on. We must stick to the city and cannot send troops rashly. If the reinforcements are a trap, we will go out to respond and it will be a hit."

Bodhidharma calmed down and said: "What if the reinforcements are real?"

The guard on the side said: "I also don't think it is appropriate to send troops to respond. You can send a scout to see it first."

Scouts were dispatched, and Bodhidharma was anxious and stood on the head of the city to watch the battle in the distance.

The reinforcements that suddenly appeared were still fighting with the Bei Rong army. The Bei Rong camp burned more than half of it in a blink of an eye. The Bei Rong army flag fell from the east to the west while the Western army flag came towards Gaochang and fluttered in the wind.

Yaoying's palms were sweaty.

If the reinforcements are real, and if they do not send troops to respond, they will lose the best opportunity to attack Bei Rong from inside and outside... But the appearance of the Bei Rong army outside the city is so strange that they can't take the risk.

Bodhidharma was nervous and paced back and forth.

The soldiers were sweating like syrup, looking into the distance intently, clenching their fists.