64

Gaochang is located in the middle of the Silk Road. It extends in all directions and communicates in all directions. To the west you can reach Yanqi, Qiuci, Shule and other places, and to the east to Yizhou, passing through the barren Mohe Yanqi of eight hundred miles, it is Yumenguan.  East is Guazhou and Shazhou.

At present, the land of Hexi is under the control of Beirong, and commercial roads are heavily blocked, and Gaochang's trade has also declined.  In the past, there were row upon row of inns and post houses built along the oasis, businessmen from various countries, and singers who could sing, dance, and sing.  Nowadays, it is difficult to see the camel teams traveling to and from the Central Plains and Western Regions on the commercial roads. Most of the caravans set off from Gaochang, Yizhou and other places and headed directly to the west.

The weather is getting colder, which is the time for caravans to travel.

In order to avoid Bei Rong's eyes and ears, Yaoying and his party disguised as a caravan selling silk, and several carts were full of goods.  These goods can not only be used to cover up their identities, after arriving in Gaochang, the goods are sold directly locally, and the gold and silver in exchange are used to manage the nobles of Gaochang.

Lao Qi traveled with Yaoying. He has lived outside the territory for many years, and he speaks a few nonsense and is well informed.

Yaoying asked him about the prices of Gaochang silk fabrics, jewellery, jade, etc. along the way. He had done some work, and he knew everything and answered very well.

The ancient Sudanese who traveled with him were silent and secretive, and seemed to be only responsible for vigilance. Other matters were taken care of by Fate Awareness.

Yaoying felt that Bi Suo was right. Sultan Gu was indeed a weird temper. He almost never talked to anyone, and never took off the mask on his face.

The guards did not dare to disturb him. Whenever there was something to be reported, they would directly tell Faljue, and then Faljue would tell it.

The vigorous goshawk has been following them all the time, with huge wings passing over their heads from time to time, caged shadows.

From Wangting to Gaochang, high in the northwest and low in the southeast, they first crossed a large area of ​​undulating hills with rugged and difficult roads. The terrain gradually became flat. After walking along the foothills for a few days, an endless plain, Gobi, and desert appeared in front of them.  Vertically and horizontally, large and small oasis scattered like stars.

As Wang Court waiter said, only a few days after cooling down, there were signs of snowfall soon, raging winds, gloomy weather, and lead clouds, walking in the middle of the wilderness, only the scream of ghosts crying and wolf howling in the ears, between heaven and earth  It was desolate and desolate, and only when it was approaching the oasis could we occasionally see other camel teams.

Yaoying was fortunate that she had prepared a thick leather jacket in advance, and the soldiers also carried winter clothes according to her instructions.  They come from the Central Plains, can't bear the severe cold, and are wrapped in layers of skin like rice dumplings every day.

Within a few days, the temperature dropped sharply, and the squally wind mixed with snow particles rushed towards their faces. Everyone put on wind and snow masks and moved forward in the wind and snow.

When a guesthouse that provides accommodation and meals for businessmen appeared in the vast Gobi, everyone couldn't help but cheer and slapped their horses.

Yaoying looked back and saw that Sultan Gu fell at the back of the team, alone with one rider and one rider.

On this road, he either explored the way alone or followed silently at the back of the team for more than ten days. Yaoying hadn't talked to him yet.