146

At the time of inflammation, the scorching sun outside the house was like fire, and the yellow sand was burning.

Li Zhongqian wore a brown narrow-sleeved two-finch-breasted brocade robe, with long messy hair tied up, his head wrapped in a scarf, and he sat in the cool cave room to read the report.

The sand city is harsh in winter and summer, and the wind is raging. When building houses in their homes, local people will dig down and build caves to live in. Not only is the winter warm and cool, but it also protects against wind and sand.

He frowned when he saw the afternoon in the morning, and only ate a few pieces of dried naan during the period.

The waiter sent him a crystal clear ice cream frozen into the shape of snow peaks and mountains, and said diligently: "A Lang, this thing is a good product for relieving heat. It is sour and sweet and cold. The name is Princess Drunk. Please enjoy it."

Hearing the words princess drunk, Li Zhongqian's eyelids twitched, glanced at the snow-white, bright red, and turquoise mountains in the plate, put down the battle report, and tapped the book case with his fingers.

"What are you paying attention to?"

The waiter put down the tray, and said with a smile: "The slave heard people say that the princess was drunk from the palace. It is said that in the hot weather, the Buddha had no appetite and had poor eating. He lectured for half a month and became ill.  Can’t eat anything. After seeing Princess Wen Zhao, she was distressed and anxious. She searched for the melons and fruits in the market and tried her best to make this soft, sweet, cold ice cream. After the Buddha ate it.  Sure enough, the appetite improved a lot. Later, the dignitaries of the holy city would make a large plate of ice cream whenever they held a banquet. Because the ice cream was reddish in the white like a drunk beauty, they called it the princess drunk.  "

Li Zhongqian's face sank slightly.

Did Wang Ting people ever see Li Yaoying drunk?

The waiter again brought out a plate of colorful and fragrant pilaf, each grain of rice shining with golden oily pilaf, "Princess Wen Zhao learned from the pilaf made by Tianzhu monk's vegetarian pilaf, the gravy is fragrant, sour and spicy.  It’s sweet, and I also put a kind of raisins that are only available in the old Qi and their manor. When the weather is hot, it tastes refreshing and tender. A Lang uses some."

The corners of Li Zhongqian's mouth twitched.

He has heard a lot of such legends along the way. Women’s strong contemporary makeup, exquisite silks and satins, men’s wines, scripture paper praised by monks, painters and literati, a kind of soft warmth that quickly became popular among folks.  The cotton robe, the new and ingenious agricultural irrigation equipment...There is a story behind the story of "Princess Wenzhao of Handi tried her best to seduce the Buddha".

Many of them are far-fetched and gimmicks by Hushang, but the people are all eloquent, as if they have seen it with their own eyes and heard a lot. Sometimes Li Zhongqian can't help but wonder if it is true.

He asked Yaoying, she always reported good news but not bad news, so she only picked up some trivial things to tell him.  All the soldiers listened to her and would not tell him the whole truth.

Li Zhongqian glanced at the servants. The servants were members of the caravan. They followed Lao Qi and the others in Wangting and Gaochang. They ran errands and gave talks and did some rough work.

He took out a few silver coins and patted the long sword beside the book case, his arm muscles stretched, his eyes gloomy.

"I ask you a few things, and you can answer honestly and you must not hide it."