116

Then why did you come to Beirong?

Zhu Luyun subconsciously wanted to ask, but when the words came to her lips, she swallowed again.

She looked directly at the unkempt Li Xuanzhen, staring at him, the look on her face was the same as before, with a little impatient indifference, but her heart shrank tightly.

It seems to have fallen from the clouds to the dust, and it has been sinking all the time.

Li Xuanzhen looked at Zhu Luyun and realized the lingering meaning in her eyes. She was startled, then smiled bitterly and frowned.

He thought that when she left, the relationship between them was over.

"Yunniang, when you left Chang'an, I didn't say goodbye to you."

He has already let go, so she can't misunderstand her.

Zhu Luyun looked at Li Xuanzhen blankly: "You want to say goodbye to me?"

Li Xuanzhen's complexion was calm, her eyes were sharp, and she was full of suspenseful aura, forcing her to face his frank statement: "Yes, since we made a clean break, we should say goodbye."

Zhu Luyun was shocked, her face pale, her fingers tightly gripped her sleeves.

Make a clean break.

He actually wanted to make a clean break with her.

Li Xuanzhen leaned against the soil wall, moved her legs, and the shackles cried.

"Before your mother died, I promised that she would take good care of you... I failed your mother's advice and failed to take good care of you."

When Zhu Luyun's mother entrusted her to Li Xuanzhen, he was only a teenager.

Although he was wearing a battle armor and charged into the battle, he seemed to behave well and matured, but in fact he was just a violent and gloomy young man who had not yet emerged from his mother's enmity.

He looked at Zhu Luyun, who was heartbroken, as if he was seeing himself who had witnessed Tang's burning to death.

The young girl Zhu Luyun looked at him timidly with tears like rain.

Li Xuanzhen looked down at her as if looking down at the solitary young Changsheng: "I will take good care of you..."

Zhu Luyun will not be as desperate and painful as him, and will not be tortured by nightmare every night. She will get the most appropriate care. He will treat her kindly and tolerate her. He can give Zhu Luyun what he has longed for and will never get.  .

The corners of Li Xuanzhen's lips curled up slightly, and a self-deprecating smile appeared on her lips.

He was so naive back then. He couldn't even take care of himself, so how could he take good care of Zhu Luyun, who has a lot of fun?

Over the years, his unprincipled patience and tolerance towards her can neither alleviate his guilt towards Tang, nor can it fill the void in his heart.

Once, for a moment, he thought that someone could accompany him, walk into his dark heart, and heal his pain.

But the next moment, the person who made him forget his hatred for a while stood on his tip and happily pointed to Li Zhongqian on the shore: "Brother Changsheng, the one who rides the dark horse is my brother!"

To this day, Li Xuanzhen still remembers the feeling of blood clotting all over his body when these words echoed in his ears.

It was cold and painful.