147

Out of the sand city, there is a vast expanse of desert in front of you.

The scorching sun was scorching, the heat was steaming, and the caravans returning full of loads were heading towards the prosperous holy city, Manman’s camel bells and the agitated sound of pipas wafted and whirled in the sand.

On horseback, Li Zhongqian looked back at the sand city standing in the yellow sand. The heavy armor of the guards on the tower was shining in the sun.

Outside the city gate, wars are permeating, and the major forces are intertwined and chaotic.

Inside the city gate, there is noisy singing and dancing, merchants linger, and trade is prosperous.

One city gate, two completely different worlds.

Every time you pass through a town, you can see towering pagodas almost everywhere, and the people devoutly worship and regard the Buddha as a god.

Li Zhongqian was thinking about it for a long while. In the troubled times, Mingyue slaves fared away from their homeland and fled to a strange country. It was really not easy to get the shelter of Wang Ting Buddha.

He did not believe in fate, did not believe in ghosts and gods, and only believed in the weak and the strong, but at this moment, his heart was still a little gentle.

I only hope that the world will treat her kindly, and don't let her suffer too much.

Li Yaoying had braided hair, a beaded and turquoise shawl, and a narrow-sleeved light gauze dress that was so bright that even the sun had dimmed. With a veil on her face, she was driving her horse while discussing the redemption of slaves and prisoners with Lao Qi.

After listening to Li Zhongqian for a while, he frowned and asked, "You also want to redeem the Bei Rong prisoners of war?"

Yaoying explained: “Many of the Bei Rong prisoners of war were forcibly recruited from various tribes and were unwilling to fight for Bei Rong. We redeem them, not immediately let them return home, but let them guide the way for us.  , Cooperate with us to regain the various oases scattered in the desert, and then find a way to relocate them. If we redeem more people, we will have more comrades in arms and fewer enemies."

"I have redeemed a few batches of people before. Those who want to continue to join the army and join the Western Army, and those who want to return to their hometowns, let them go back to their hometowns together, honestly shepherding sheep or farming."

The number of Western troops is still too small, and due to the limited terrain of the Western Regions, it is difficult to completely quell all the chaos in a short period of time. The only way to stabilize the situation is to take the important towns first.  After taking down the important town, in order to prevent Bei Rong from counterattacking in the future, the soldiers must be on the spot to recuperate, resume production, and supply the army's needs, while maintaining training and preparing for battle.

As the Western Army gradually regains lost ground, a large-scale migration of the population will begin immediately. At this time, every labor is precious-to calm the troubled times, it is for people.  If everyone can live and work in peace and contentment, there will naturally be fewer wars.

After Gao Chang recovered, Yaoying ordered Lao Qi to draw up a roster so that he could prepare for the placement of prisoners of war and refugees, so as not to be in a hurry and make mistakes.

Li Zhongqian nodded slightly.

He thought about the future.

The situation in the Western Regions is complicated. The Western Army cannot rely on the court, let alone fall into Li De's hands. It must be rooted in place to respond accordingly. Then the Western Army must raise grain and grass weapons by itself. Tuning the land can reduce the pressure on the army’s grain and grass and solve the long-distance transportation.  The big problem is to omit layers of checkpoints and avoid deductions. However, the soldiers' farming and busy farming will lead to a decrease in combat effectiveness.