(Aragon x Reader) Drunk

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me." You said, trying to step past him.

He didn't move, instead staring at you. "Aren't you a beauty." You could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Why must their persistence ruin my evening.

"Sir I don't have time for your pathetic excuse of an advance." You retorted, pushing past him, walking back towards the group.

As you got nearer a sudden hand grabbed your wrist and turned you to the man. "Come on, have a little fun." He said, grinning.

You rolled your eyes. "I won't warn you again." You said, still a little hazy.

"You won't have to." Suddenly, he pulled you close to him and you felt your heart sink. You swiped your leg across his shins causing him to loose his balance and buckle to the floor.

The loud thud made the inn quieten a bit and your companions turned to see you.

You attempted to turn back around before the man clenched a fist and rose, "You bi-"

Before he could strike he was pulled up and crashed against the wall by Aragon. You would have been able to handle it, he might have looked like an orc but he certainly wouldn't have been able to fight like one. But it made your heart lighten knowing that your Fellowship had your back, especially Aragon.

"That's not how we treat women, is it?" Aragon hissed.

The man groaned through the ache of your attack and Aragon's. "I-I apologise, s-sir."

You sighed, coming forward as Aragon let him go. He turned to you and looked at you questioningly. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?"

"I am perfectly fine," you smiled, "but I think this pig needs to be taught that he can't simply get away with his advances."

Legolas and Gimli could not hold on their laughter as the drunk man groaned as he was flung into the sty, the pigs coming over to sniff and lick the brown sludge off of his face.

"Oh, sorry I forgot this!" Legolas shouted to the man, lobbing a carrot at his head then hysterically holding on to Aragon to keep himself from falling with laughter.

"Where he belongs." You smiled, walking back to the inn.

"Where are you going?" Pippin shouted.

"Oh I'm not letting some miserable wretch ruing my evening, boys. I've got a couple more drinks with my name on them." You waved them off and headed back into the inn.

As you all sat down again, buzzing from the adrenaline rush, you did not hold back. The empty tankards started to fill up the table as you all continued to share your favourite stories of your journey so far. Even Legolas and Gimli had started to drink again.

"Pp-ersonalll-yyy, I think that Aragon is the one to put us all to shame." You slurred. "I mean the man can fffight and can loo-kk good doing it at the same tyyuimeeee."

A cheer rose from the group all raising their tankards to Aragon who smiled and rolled his eyes, all before Legolas' face twitched.

"I'm sure I look jjj-ust as marvellous." He added, looking to the hobbits and Gimli for approval.

"Oh of course," Gimli said, "but you're an elf, it's easy for you. If you have the pointy ear genes then you look like a baby's clean arse no matter what." He screeched, followed by the laughter of the group.

It must have been past midnight when you stood, swaying intensely. "To the bar!" You said, a finger rose in the air.

Suddenly, as you started to sway even more, a pair of strong hands gently grasped your shoulders. "I think you've had enough." Aragon whispered.

You turned to look at him, grinning. "I-I think, that is incorrect, Ranger."

He smiled for a sharp second and then sighed. "Listen, (y/n), you can't even stand up right, I think-"

But before he could finish, in his hold your head had fallen forward and your eyes were closing, snoring as you stood. Aragon lifted you up, walking to the bar, carrying you. "I'll have the room key." He said. The bar keeper nodded.

Aragon held you in his arms, walking to the back house.

"Where are you going now?" Gimli shouted.

Aragon turned. "Taking this passed out Ranger to bed."

"Aye! The lass knows how to enjoy herself." He yelled, turning back to the others and gulping another pint.

Aragon rolled his eyes. He gazed at you as he walked upstairs. He hoped you felt the same way he did. Seeing you vulnerable in any way made him cautious and even more careful to look out for you. So he carried you slowly and carefully to your room, laying you on the bed.

Your eyes fluttered open a little. "A-Aragon?"

"Yes." He said, a smile touching his lips.

"Awh you're taking caring of me."

"Don't I always." He chuckled.

"I think usually it's-it's the other way round." He shook his head, chuckling.

"You need rest now, (y/n) or you won't be able to deal with the raging headache which is coming your way in the morning."

"I-I'm sure I'll manage." You grinned before you suddenly froze and went quiet. "Aragon?" You said, a sadness creasing your face.

"Yes, (y/n)?" He turned from placing a lit candle on your side table.

"Do you ever think we will actually achieve what we have set out to do." He saw the sadness in your eyes and his stomach sank a little. He came to sit by you on the bed, looking into your eyes. "It's just, we've seen so much death already, what if there is even more to come? More than we can imagine?"

He took in a breath. It saddened him greatly to see you like this, reminding him that each of the Fellowship were traumatised from some of the danger they had been faced with. Nights like these were an escape. But with you, with your kind heart, your wit and your love for life and to protect others, it hurt him more. "Listen, (y/n)," he said softly, "I cannot promise you what is to come, I am sorry. But whatever it is, we will face it together, always. There will never be a moment that you need me and I will not run to your side."

You stopped to stare at him and smiled, a light entering your eyes. "Have I ever told you how much you mean to me Ranger? Because if not, I'm telling you now"

He was stunned for a second and then smiled moving the hair from your face and tucking it behind your ear. "Nothing anyone has ever said or ever will say, could make me happier." You smiled and nuzzled into him as he wrapped an arm around you.

Silence fell as you both dozed off into sleep.