Chapter 20 - Pleasant Plans

Start from the beginning

He bent down until his lips connected with Harriet's.

Their kiss that should have been gentle and loving became hungry and demanding as the sensual contact excited them both.

Severus's grip on Harriet's hips became deliciously possessive as she tangled her fingers in his raven black hair.

Their sensual moment came to a premature end when Severus pulled away and looked down into Harriet's emerald eyes.

"........We'll be late." He explained in his low drawl.

"I know." Harriet forlornly sighed as she took her fingers out of Severus's hair and lovingly stroked the dark strands back into place.

"Perhaps after our meal, you'll accompany me on a walk through the greenhouse? Madam Sprout informed the staff this morning that she's displayed a plethora of pumpkin lanterns there. Students have been touring all day." Severus explained.

Harriet would have heard Madam Sprout herself if she hadn't slept through Severus's early meeting.

She had managed to make it to the first class of the day on time, but Severus had left her rest undisturbed and allowed her to wake naturally.

No matter what potion he brewed, he couldn't seem to ease his expectant lover's exhaustion as well as a long night's sleep or a restorative afternoon nap.

"That sounds like fun." Harriet agreed as she smiled up at her mate.

Severus offered her his arm and she eagerly accepted.

The happy couple walked together as Severus led Harriet to dinner.

—————————————————————-

There was no shortage of pumpkin lanterns at Hogwarts during Halloween.

Nearly a hundred of the glowing decorations floated above the house tables in the Great Hall that evening.

The selection of dishes for the night's feast included many pumpkin-flavored treats, all of which were greedily gobbled down by everyone present while the staff spoke amongst themselves and the students chatted with one another.

Harriet was engaged in a conversation with Professor McGonagall, who sat on her right, much to Severus's consternation, as he sat on Harriet's left and waited for the two women to finish speaking.

It made him smirk to see the vast amount of food that Harriet consumed during the meal.

Perhaps his little one enjoyed the taste of nutmeg and clove?

Severus glanced down at Harriet's belly and noticed the slight way that her abdomen had expanded after she finished.

Although the silhouette was only a result of her dinner, Severus dreamed of the day that she'd wander through the castle with one hand laid on her swollen womb as a bold announcement to the world that she was his.

Accustomed to brooding and musing, Severus remained wrapped in his own thoughts as dinner ended and the students began to make their way out of the Great Hall and towards their dormitories.

While the staff members stood from the High Table and headed towards their own respective chambers, Harriet interrupted Severus's daydream as she asked, "Shall we go for that walk now?"

Severus looked over at her with his black eyes wide, clearly startled by suddenly being yanked from his reverie and addressed.

She grinned in amusement at the unreadable look on his pale face as he gazed at her and slowly replied, ".............As you wish, Potter."