Forbidden Eternity. (23).

Start from the beginning

"Back off." Daniel snarls, increasing his hold on the guys arm to the point of clear breaking.

But the boy is adamant, and keeps his pain filled eyes on me, his mouth agape as he tries to comprehend what's happening.

Everyone else has gone quiet, witnessing this clear show of dominance, but I can see the fear in them to along with agitation, with a healthy dose of awe to go along with it. They know not to come any further, and I can see the clear irritation of losing their prey.

"I'll say it one more time. Back. Off." Daniel says deadly calm. His voice void of any emotion, just making him that much more threatening. The guy, whose clearly mulling the consequences over, chooses to ignore Daniel. I know as soon as his fangs extend and he starts to snarl, but he doesn't even have a chance.

A sickening crack breaks the silence, and the guy crumples to the ground whimpering, clutching his now broken forearm. Daniel just looks down at him as if he is a minor flaw in his day.

Jared appears next to Daniel with a look of distaste as he stares the at now crying boy down.

"Good going Daniel, just get yourself into more shit." He grunts, and walks towards the still hungry vampires. He holds his hands out, and like cattle starts rearing them back.

Daniel looks at me, but I look away quickly. I don't want to see again, the pain in his eyes.

After a few seconds he finally speaks, "Do you want to come with me to get cleaned up?"

"Ye-" I start, but the boy on the ground interrupts me.

"You have... No right to do this, do you know... who I am?!" He glares up at Daniel, who just smirks.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up." He pauses, "Unless you want me to break your other arm."

The boys mouth goes into overdrive, but no words come out.

Daniel inclines his head back to me, his mask still in place from earlier.

"Err, yes if you wouldn't mind." I keep my head down, feeling like the embarrassed school girl again. Men have never caused such a ridiculous reaction in me, when I first went to high school; I was never one to shy away from boys. I wasn't overly confident, but I did have enough to be able to treat boys the same way as I would treat a girl, friend wise. I just never saw why people became flustered talking to the opposite sex, I thought it was bloody ridiculous, I mean, how are they any different in their frame of mind from us, apart from the fact that they have a knob, and they usually think with it. But now, I fully understand why some girls become this way.

Another reason which I have to address on why I am feeling this way, even though it is in thee minority, is that, Daniel just seems so powerful, like at a snap of his fingers he can receive anything he wants, and it is incredibly intimidating. Especially with the way my body is responding to him, and how I am suddenly aware of my hips, my legs, my breasts.

I feel slightly buoyant as I take a step forwards, the world swimming and before you can say roger that I'm falling face forwards towards the floor. Daniel's hands grasp my elbows as he quickly pulls me upright, and then picks me up bridal style, tucking me into his warm chest. He cradles me carefully, exactly like when he was feeding from me during the dance, as if he believes I will shatter into a thousand pieces with one wrong move.

Ara glowers at the crowed of people, then joins Jared to force them back.

"Back the fuck up man." She grunts when someone doesn't move.

"Ara!" I shout over the murmurs of disappointment.

Her head whips to the side.

"Please find Shadow for me..." I smile weakly as she nods her head.