Chapter 11 - September's Ball

Start from the beginning

Slowly, Severus began to waltz Harriet around the Great Hall in sweeping strides. He discovered that he enjoyed performing right-handed turns with her because during them, the angle of Harriet's motion sent a waft of her scent drifting his way.

He struggled not to shudder at the omega's delicious smell.

Harriet blushed at the gentle firmness of Severus's grip.

Harriet savored the way that Severus gazed at her while they glided across the room, as if she were the only other person alive.

Their time on the floor together was silent, but they needed no spoken words to communicate their feelings.

Song after song played.

Harriet and Severus kept dancing.

Neither of them were interested in finding different partners.

Why would they want different partners?

At last, they had each other.

As they danced, Severus began to see a slight sheen of perspiration glisten across the top of Harriet's chest.

While she was led in Severus's embrace, Harriet's skin started to glisten under the candlelight and her breasts heaved against the confines of her gown as her breathing grew heavy, making their waltz seem like a parallel to a much more intimate act.

Severus's eyes were liquid chocolate as he gazed down at Harriet, drawing pleasure and comfort from her ruby lips that smiled at him so tenderly.

Nearly an hour later, at the end of one particularly lengthy song, Severus dipped Harriet low and swept her off her feet as their dance finally concluded.

Harriet was panting by then and Severus fought to control his own breathing as they stared at each other intently.

"You've worn me out, Headmaster." Harriet laughed with a gasp.

Severus slowly released Harriet from the dip and helped her back onto her feet as he asked, "Perhaps you'd like-"

"Headmaster Snape! Headmaster Snape!" One of Elion's friends screeched as he came running over to the couple with wide eyes, "You have to come quickly! Benjamin and Calvin have gotten into a terrible fight over who's going to dance with Margerie next!"

Since hormone-fueled quarrels often erupted at events like the ball and the boy making the claim about the battle was known to be one of Elion's close friends, in the moment, Severus took the Slytherin boy's claim as truth and he narrowed his eyes as he snapped, "Where?!"

"Over there! Over there! Hurry, sir!" Elion's friend shouted frantically as he pointed to the other side of the Great Hall with feigned urgency.

Like a predator hidden in the shadows, Elion stealthily began his approach.

The glass vial in his pocket, that had previously been filled with the heinous potion he had brewed, sat empty in his robes.

The vial's contents had been emptied into one of the two goblets that Elion held as he marched towards Harriet.

The scheming alpha had been carefully monitoring her whereabouts all night.

He hadn't intended to give her such a strong dose, but to his surprise, his annoying headmaster had left him no choice.

If his plan was going to be a success, Elion needed to proceed quickly.

As soon as Severus rushed over to end the supposed skirmish between the two warring students, Elion stalked up behind Harriet, who stood alone on the dance floor while she waited for Severus's return.