Chapter 11 - September's Ball

Start from the beginning

Harriet tried to glance around the room and smile. She tried to look away as Severus gazed at her with his dark eyes melting into sifted ore, but she crumbled and returned his stare with a happy, bright smile that made her reddened lips shine and her cheeks flush a deep shade of pink.

As both alphas watched Harriet, Severus's mouth went dry, but Elion's hand slipped into the pocket of his robes to clutch a hidden, glass vial.

Severus marveled at how stunning Harriet looked in her lovely new dress.

Elion fantasized about the gratification he would feel when he ripped it off of her in a very short while.

—————————————————————

To his great displeasure, Severus and McGonagall officially opened the ball with the first dance of the evening.

During their waltz, Severus had been awkward until McGonagall hissed at him while several first years giggled in the background, "Severus......put.....your hand......on my......waist."

Reluctantly, with a deep frown, Severus complied with his friend's request.

Mercifully, he only had to twirl with McGonagall on the dance floor for a few moments until they were joined by other couples from the students and the staff in attendance.

Harriet was polite enough to dance with Professor Flitwick several times. She was careful with her turns and her steps to not draw too much attention to their glaring size difference.

Professor Flitwick did his best to not make his lacking height a hindrance and he remained kind and courteous to his date.

Eventually, everyone began to switch partners and as Professor Flitwick took Professor Trelawney out onto the dance floor, Harriet sat down in her chair at the nearly empty High Table.

Harriet turned around suddenly when a low, velvety voice whispered out, "...........May I have this dance, Potter~?"

"Headmaster!" Harriet exclaimed with a soft look of admiration as she saw Severus standing formally behind her.

Headmaster Snape gazed down at Harriet and as he did, he loomed over the omega, tall and brooding in his heavy, black robes.

Harriet stared back at him and watched as he extended a pale hand out to her.

"Certainly!" Harriet replied while she reached up and took Severus's hand before she stood to her feet.

Severus didn't let his face betray the joy that bloomed in his heart as he clutched Harriet's soft hand in his and led her out to the crowded dance floor.

Before they began to move, Severus faced Harriet and bowed politely.

Not knowing quite what to do in response, Harriet curtseyed back to him.

Severus raised his arm in one smooth motion and she reached out to take his hand.

He didn't want to frighten the omega, so he purposely made the error of putting his other hand on Harriet's shoulder, but she quickly corrected him.

Harriet looked into Severus's dark eyes with her glittering, emerald gaze as she laughed quietly and placed her hand over his.

Severus watched as Harriet whispered to him, "On my waist.......Headmaster."

Harriet noticed how closely Severus's eyes followed the movement as she gently lifted his hand off of her shoulder and guided it down until it clasped her lithe waist, just above her hip.

The contact was proper and formal, nothing that a casual observer  would have thought anything about, but for Harriet and Severus, the placement of his hand on her waist was.......intense......and charged with the unspoken desires that lingered between the pining couple.