13

Well you guessed it. The walk was filled with absolute crickets. You didn't know what to do or say. "Ideas... what should I talk about? The road? The signs? The weather? His cute face?...Never mind cross the last one out of the list, bad idea". Your mind ran wild as you think for a conversation.

"You're fine with anything right?" Chifuyu ask suddenly. "Huh? Yeah I'm good with anything" you replied. "No allergies?" He ask again making sure. 'None that I'm aware of'. He smiled hearing your answer looking like all his worries just fly away.

"Is he normally this charming?" You ask yourself. Since you met him all he did was worry for you. He barely even know you. Is he like this with other people?...possibly.

"You hungry?" He ask stopping his tracks. You did the same and look back at him. His hands were in his pockets waiting for your answer. Now that he ask you realise you haven't eat anything since school finish. Your didn't feel that hungry but since he ask... "kind of" you answered.

"You ok with yakisoba?'' He ask again. "Of course! They're delicious!" You said at the mention of the food. Well you'll light up at the mention of any food. If it's food nothing would go wrong. "Then let's eat Peyoung Yakisoba!" He said with a grin.

Peyoung yakisoba. That half and half convenience store food. Well it wasn't bad. The yakisoba actually taste good. You remembered that you had it once with Jess last year at the park. They were so hungry you had to stop and bought it for them and until this day they hadn't pay you back. What a good friend.

You both walk to the nearest convenience store you could find and bought the yakisoba. You grab two bottles of soda for the both of you while Chifuyu went to get the yakisoba at the back shelf. After getting what you needed you went to the counter with him to pay. "Let's split money" you said taking out your purse from your bag. "No! My treat" he said stopping you from taking out money. "W-why?" You ask confuse on what he was thinking. Usually people would like splitting money when paying things.

He pause for a minute to think of an excuse while scratching his right cheek a little. You waited for him to answer but he doesn't look like he knows what excuse to give. "It's fine Chifuyu let's split it" you said taking out a bank note. "AHHH! NO!" He screamed pushing your hand away from your wallet. "My treat cause...because...I'm your senior!".

"What???". "I'm your senior so I'll pay" he said while quickly taking out his money and slammed it on the counter. Poor worker had a heart attack for a second. "Take it. Hurry!" He said to him. "Y-Yes" he replied while taking the money with shaky hands. "Calm down Chifuyu...I give up, you pay ok" you said trying to calm him down from staring at the cashier like he was about to kill him. "Don't pay me back ok" he said.

"I...urm..." you were planning to give the money back later but seeing him looking at you like that maybe you don't need to. Although you did felt bad about it. "Ok" you replied sighing seeing at how preserve he was about it. You put the money back into your wallet and let him pay.

After paying you picked up the drinks while he took the Yakisoba. "Let me go and put hot water in this for a minute. You sit at the table there" he said pointing at a high table that was near a window. You nodded and went to sit there while he went the other way to fill the Yakisoba cup with some hot water. Can't eat hard noodles now can we.

You let your school bag sit beside you while you did a little jump to get yourself to the seat. Curse high chairs. Finally after making yourself comfortable you waited for Chifuyu to come while looking outside the window. Opposite the store was a park. You could see a few people walking there while some children run along trying to catch each other while their parents talk. "Good old times" you thought to yourself.

Chifuyu wasn't gone long. He return while spitting out complains on how hot the yakisoba was. You laugh at how clumsy the guy is. "Now we wait" he said putting the hot yakisoba down. You help him by pulling out the seat beside you to give him space to sit. "Thanks" he said. "Hmmm" you replied and continue to stare outside.

He looks at you who was paying to much attention looking outside. He drums the table a bit thinking for something to talk about. After a while of thinking he still could thought of anything. Just when he was about to give up, your school bag caught his eye "Do you have homework?" He ask pointing to you bag.

You shake yourself back to reality when you heard his voice. "Huh? Ouh...Just a little bit" you answered. "What subject?" He ask again. You're not sure why he's asking but it wouldn't hurt to tell. What can he do knowing about your school work anyways. "Japanese. It's kanji" you replied sighing. You weren't good with Kanji. It was confusing as ever. People who can actually remember kanji well have your respect completely.

Chifuyu perked up even more after hearing what you said. "Hehehe" he laugh. You look at him one eyebrow raising up. You can't seem to understand this boy. "Well your luck seems to be good cause I'm good in Kanji" he said puffing up his chest proudly. "You do?" You ask doubly. He looks at you a bit offended by that. "Yes I do! I...I help a friend once" he said. His voice suddenly turn into sad tone. You didn't know why but you didn't ask. Hearing that his mood change at the mention of that 'friend' doesn't sound like a good idea.

"Well ok then" you said taking out your kanji exercise. He took the book from you and quickly read through all the questions carefully. You stare at him who was busy reading. His face turn serious which made him slightly more attractive.

Realised what you were thinking you quickly look away didn't want him to think that you're being weird. Well he probably didn't notice anyway. "It's quite easy. Here let me help" he said reaching out his hand to ask for a pen. Seeing his gesture you quickly took out a pen from your pencil case and gave it to him. It was for a short moment, a very light touch but you feel that despite being in a gang his hands was soft. Way to soft. You suddenly had the urge to hold them but yeah better not. He might misunderstand or think that you're crazy or something.

After getting hold of the pen he started to scribble in your book. You didn't see what he was writing although you were curious but it would probably be better to give him space to write. You waited for him to finish writing in your book. You had no idea what he was doing but you trust him to not ruin your book, looking at how serious he was scribbling in there. After a moment or two, finally he close the exercise book and handed it back along with the pen. "I didn't answer it for you but did wrote some notes at the sides to help you understand it better. Don't be disappointed" he said.

You look at him and then your Kanji book. You wanted to open it when suddenly he stop you from doing so. "Hehe better open it at home". Again you were confuse by him but didn't argue "Yeah...sure" you replied putting both the book and pen back into your bag.

"I think the soba is good to eat now" he said after checking if it was soft enough. He separated the cup and handed you one. "Thanks Chifuyu" you said taking the yakisoba from him. "Thank you for the food!" The both of you said at the same time and started eating.

"It's good" you said. "RIGHT" he replied proudly while giving you a big smile. He was so happy just by eating soba. Why is that? It made you curious on what other things that made him happy. You wanted to know. Maybe today was the chance for you to do that. Today there is also a chance where you could exchange numbers. You hope you could do it if not hitting yourself with your mom's favourite pan doesn't sound like a bad idea. You've been wanting his number for so long. You didn't plan on messaging him, just to have it in case of emergencies?? Nevermind you still want it forget about the reason. Not everything needs a reason anyways.

May the world give you courage and luck. You didn't plan on visiting the hospital soon. At least let's hope not.