𝘜𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙜𝙪𝙮- 𝑀𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑜𝑙𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑎 𝑥 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟

Requested by: Vanicasimp
Author's note: thank you for waiting, it took um─ kind of long time to make cause I actually took a short break.

Requested by: VanicasimpAuthor's note: thank you for waiting, it took um─ kind of long time to make cause I actually took a short break

[ BE THAT GUY ]
Mereoleona Vermillion x Male Reader

If there's someone who could join hands with Mereoleona, the one who can play along with her tricks and recklessness─ the guy who could smile and laugh with her things she wanted to do without worrying about dying or being wounded─ there's only one, (y/n) (l/n) who could stand beside Mereoleona not as a rival but as a companion since childhood.

But then, sometimes this guy wishes that─ he could be that guy she could rely on to, the guy who will be the first person that'll come to her mind if she does something that made her remind something.

It all happened that night, it was just Mereoleona and him in a hot spring located at the volcano, the race between life and death is worth it if this is the reward: a time alone with her. He took a deep sigh as he went beside her, surpringly─ after requesting that she must put something if he's there; she actually went in with a bath robe. It was something worth he'll cherish forever, that time when she is happy with him. "Heh, I knew I am still better than you, loser" she claimed while he wiped those sweat trickling on his forehead showing his exposed upper part body on the spring.

"Are you blind? I am the one who reached the finish line first, goblin" he retorted chuckling, "do you ever want a partner?" He asked staring at her face smiling with those fangs, "a partner-in-crime? I already had one," Mereoleona mumbled it seems like she really wants to avoid it but knowing this is the only chance; "no, a partner, a lover. A lover who will make you happy and build memories and family with," he explained as he moved closer. "Of course, I am still a woman after all," she claimed, before she could explain anymore, he held her cheek gently wiping it with his thumb.

"Oi! Oi! What are you doing?!" She exclaimed as she tried to know what will you do, he kissed her passionately trying to show how much she means to him─ as he pulled out. A surprised face welcomed him instead of an intimate one, only if he could turn it back, he regretted confessing in that way.

"Man, why did you do that? I must leave." Those were the last words that Mereoleona uttered to you from the past three days,

[ YOUR PERSPECTIVE ]

"What are you going to do then? Don't tell me you're going to coop up here," Leopold mumbled sighing as I glanced at him, "are you not mad that I kissed your sister?" I asked chuckling as I noticed him clenching his fists. "Of course I am, but knowing my older sister could handle this she'll definitely talk to you, just wait" he mumbled sitting beside me in angel position while I remained crouching leaning on the wooden wall.

"I don't know if what I'm telling is correct, why won't you tell this to Fuegoleon? Bro," he mumbled making me flick his forehead due to his stupidity; "stupid, he'll kill me. Anyhow, I knew this tree house would be a great spot to let out secrets," I relieved and took a peek on the open window seeing such a clean and neat place─ who knew there's still a green grass here and some benches remains.

It was years ago, but this place is still the same, there's no any changes─ it gives me nostalgia. This is where Mereoleona actually decided to make her house out of leaves and sticks when she left her home. "I should spend time alone for now," I mumbled returning back from the one matress laying on my back staring at the wooden ceiling shaped in a triangle.

"Alright, Fuegoleon might be searching for me too, goodluck, bro
(y/n)" Leopold uttered as I just hummed reminding him to slowly come downstairs using the ladder instead of jumping it's dangerous. "It's been three days since that night happened," I recalled everything and I couldn't help but punch the wall yet I avoided making a hole on it. "I knew I shouldn't have confessed," I regretted it and here I am, my childhood friend whom I spend my time being reckless as possible is gone. Only if I became mindful and controlled myself, I know I am not that guy who will spend her life with.

I decided to take a nap and I'll probably take a night here, I don't want to go at my residence; my grandmother would definitely scold me from slacking instead of helping Fuegoleon. "Only if I didn't," I muttered and blackened my vision letting my arms hover my eyes.

I heard shuffling sounds and some clacking sounds on the wooden floor, it's possible that it's Leopold but the mana is far from his. It was familliar even the person tried to conceal it, even just a bit of mana I knew it was her. I decided to pretend I'm asleep for a while, I want to know what is she doing here.

"This asshole made his grandma worry for him for straight damn three days,"

"If I didn't scare my brother he wouldn't tell where were you,"

"This shit still doesn't care for anyone even this treehouse,"

The next thing I knew, the noise lessened it seems like she actually left without saying a word or covering me with blanket. I lift up my head and received a punch from her immediately, "what's your problem? Keep pretending and I'm killing you," she mumbled as I chuckled.

"Want to talk? Drinks in the fridge," I claimed as she tossed one can towards me as she opened one for herself, we decided to flew and use the roof of the treehouse to sniff some fresh air and actually I love how windy the weather is.

"Hey Mereoleona, I'm sorry for kissing you. I want to be that guy you'll be spending your life with, have kids, be that guy who'll help you out if you ever got a trouble, smile and laugh with you, that guy who'll be right beside you every single event of your life..."

I stated and chuckled chugging down the beer in a can, "you're cringe" she claimed as I nodded, "I know, it made me less cool" I remarked and laughed connecting sone stars up high. "I hope that we're still friends," I muttered and took a deep breath ready for another explanation,

"I wanted to clear things out, I'm sorry for kissing you all of a sudden. I actually regretted confessing to you, just forget that happened, but I'm always here for you. Partner in crime, or family's friend─"

"Shut that mouth up, you may be spiting cringe things but I like it when you're being true to me, did I ever tell that I hate the kiss? I left that night cause I'm surprised. But I waited for three days straight, yet I found out you didn't returned home that time..."

She claimed and held my collar glaring at me staring at my soul, I quivered my lips and chuckled lowering my head letting out a one last sigh, "don't ever do that to other girls, I must be the only one you will kiss," she muttered making me laugh at her.

"What? What are you saying Mereoleona?" I asked, I couldn't believe it. "I said you're mine and no one could ever get you," She exclaimed calming me down patting her back, "I love you too," I mumbled and I felt her groan, "your cringe it's weird to spout sweet" She commented pulling me down the roof of treehouse bringing me back home.

I knew I'm the perfect guy for her, and she's the one for me.

≡;- ꒰ °author's note ꒱

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you're having a wonderful day. Anyways, If you like this chapter give it a vote and maybe Mereoleona might come pick you up later ;)