093. the one that got away

Sienna sipped on her coffee, as Lydia sat across from her, eating a chocolate croissant

Sienna sipped on her coffee, as Lydia sat across from her, eating a chocolate croissant. "So.." The Lockwood blurted. "So...." Lydia trailed off, before looking up. "What do you want to know?" The Meyer asked.

"Well let's start with why you have a grave in Mystic Falls... and why you haven't seen me for nearly seventeen years." The werewolf-guardian suggested, before eyeing her mother.

"I never wanted to be apart from you." Lydia managed to say as Sienna frowned, "Don't be sappy. I just want an explanation." She demanded as Lydia just nodded.

Sienna had every right to be angry, overnight her resurrecting body had been stolen from her own home, and she'd woken up hours from Mystic Falls, surrounded by people that claimed to be her family who she had no idea existed.

"When I fell in love with Mason, I was a guardian. Nothing more." Lydia began. "One night I was attacked, and I woke up as a vampire, which killed off my guardian powers." She continued to explain, as Sienna nodded, indicating that she was understanding.

"When I first turned, I couldn't control my impulses, and Mason was worried that I'd hurt you, so overnight he ran. I woke up and he was gone, and he'd taken you along with him." Lydia continued, taking a moment to breathe. "I'm guessing over time, Mason started to realise you're a guardian, and your protected lives in Mystic Falls." Lydia added, knowing that Sienna's other family lived there. The Lockwood nodded.

"One day I found Mason, after tracking him down for months, but you weren't there. He told me you were in Mystic falls, living with the person you are meant to protect." The Meyer stopped for a moment, "But he'd paid a witch to cast a spell on me, so that until the day you died, I would be unable to enter Mystic Falls." Lydia concluded, as Sienna blinked in surprise, before she took a sip from her coffee.

"The grave... was Dad's way to stop me from looking for you.. he knew if I had any idea that you were alive... I'd look for you." Sienna realised, as Lydia nodded. "What Mason didn't know, is that guardians can resurrect, so when you died, the spell broke."

"I can't believe he did that.." Sienna admitted, looking frustrated. "He only wants to protect you, Sienna. He means well." Lydia insisted before Sienna's head snapped up, as her eyes met Lydia's. "You mean he meant well. He is dead."

"Mason is dead.." Lydia repeated, in surprise. The Lockwood nodded sadly, "Yep. So is Richard... it's just been me, Aunt Carol, Tyler and Allie for months now."

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry.." Lydia insisted, as Sienna tore her eyes away from the Meyer. "I.. I have to go back to Mystic falls. I can't stay here." She insisted. "My life is there. Tyler is there." The Lockwood added. Lydia nodded, "I understand... We'll come with you."