091. as i lay dying

Start from the beginning

"You've been busy." Elijah began, as Klaus woke up, and began to change. "That was amazing. How long has it been?" He asked. "Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Isaiah explained.

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill." Klaus added before Elijah replied, "Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." Isaiah sighed, "And I've been telling our noble brother not to even bother." He added. Klaus just grinned, "Just like old times, brother."

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah reminded him as Klaus thought about it, "That's right. Now, what was it again?" Isaiah frowned at this. "Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." Klaus added.

"You said that a promise is a promise." Isaiah reminded the hybrid, with a stern look. "What kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus asked, before he looked to Elijah. "Even though you did try to kill me."

"I could have. But I didn't."

"And now no one can, not even you. Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven." Klaus declared, before Isaiah took a step forward, growing impatient with the hybrid. "Where are they, Klaus?" He asked, forcefully. Klaus scoffed, "You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa, Elena, Jeremy, Giorgia and Carmen walked through the town square, passing a banner that read "Movie in the Square Presents: Gone With the Wind."

Lexa seemed uneasy, being around this many people so soon, but Caroline and Stefan had been helping her, trying to teach her how to control herself. It had been difficult, and the Gilbert still had a long road ahead of her, but so far she was doing pretty well.

"You brought me to see a girl movie." Jeremy groaned, causing Lexa to laugh. "We had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our three-hour distraction from reality." Elena reminded him, before looking to Lexa. "Lexa doesn't seem to mind." Jeremy frowned, "Lexa doesn't feel the warmth of the sun anymore.. she isn't sweating like we are." He grumbled as Lexa eyed her brother with a smirk.

"And... Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?" The younger boy asked. "We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore." Elena declared, unfolding a blanket and placing it on the ground.

Lexa watched her siblings, realising now that her time with her siblings was going to be limited, now that she was immortal and they were set to die one day. The thought of losing them one day, it broke her.

Caroline finally arrived with a couple of baskets filled with snacks. She placed them in the middle of the blanket, before she walked over to Lexa, breaking her out of her trance.

"Hey, you okay?" Caroline asked, as Lexa suddenly came back to reality and nodded. "Yeah, yeah I'm alright." The Gilbert insisted with a weak smile.

"You must be the famous Caroline." Giorgia spoke up, making her way to the Forbes. Carmen giggled at her girlfriend's enthusiasm, as Caroline looked between the girls.

"Oh— You two are Lexa's witchy friends." Caroline said with a smile, though she couldn't recall their names. "I'm Giorgia, call me Gigi." The brunette said before stepping forward to hug Caroline. Caroline seemed surprised but hugged the Garcia back.