At A Rocking Party

Začať od začiatku

" Most don't... Hey Barb. Wanna rock on stage? That couple on it are almost done. ",Branch replies.

Barb didn't need to asked twice. He smiles at her pumped up. Poppy just watches the siblings interact. They didn't look a like but, they do act like brother and sister.

" Sure thing,Sis.",Barb says happily.

Soon the Rock Royal siblings are on stage and rocking their performance. Poppy watches them amazed by their skills. The Pop king's eyes are glued on the Rock Princess. She dances like a Rock star enjoying herself. Then Barb and Branch ends the song with a loud high note. Both Rock trolls look like real Rock stars as they do so. The crowd of trolls cheer loudly for the awesome performance as Branch walks off stage and Barb jumps off to the crowd.

Poppy smiles at her as she walks towards him. The Pop troll is sitting at the bar nursing his drink. Within minutes, Branch sits down next to him happily. She smiles at Poppy.

"You and Barb are amazing on stage.",Poppy tells her honestly.

Branch blushes as a result and her smile becomes softer. Poppy finds her reaction cute.

" Thanks.",Branch replies softly.

The bartender gives the princess another whiskey and coke. She takes a small sip of it as Poppy asks her a question. He is curious about her since Barb never mentioned her to him before.

"So how much younger than Barb are you?", Poppy asks curious.

" Actually I'm a year older than him. Dad didn't really know I existed til Barb was six. We have different mothers so that's why we don't really look a like... He was obviously known to be the heir to the throne and I honestly didn't want to take the title away from him so I just stepped aside back when Dad was considering making me Queen... He worked hard learning to be king. ",Branch admits and explains honestly.

That news surprised the king. He didn't think the Princess of Hard Rock would be older than the King of Hard Rock! The family history sounded a bit confusing to him. Poppy finds it sweet that Branch did that for her brother. He grows more curious about her.

" Didn't see that coming... It's really sweet and nice of you to do that for your brother when you could had been Queen yourself. ",Poppy admits.

Branch is a little surprised that he called her " sweet and nice". Hard Rock trolls do not complement like the Pop trolls. She slightly blushes at the complement but, Poppy doesn't see it.

" I guess you can say that... I don't think I would make an as good of leader as Barb anyway. ",Branch admits honestly.

Poppy starts wondering why she thinks she wouldn't do a very good job at ruling. Barb clearly must trust her to take good care of the Rock trolls when he's not in the city. Why does she think less of herself?

" You would had done a great job. I'm sure of it. ",Poppy says positive.

" What gives you that idea? ",Branch asks confused.

Poppy smiles at her softly. He doesn't know her like Barb but, he can see the possibility in her. She can do great things if she wanted to.

" Well...Barb trusts you with your kingdom every now and then, you put Barb first even know you could had been Queen,something about you seems to be caring and other Rock trolls seem to love you...",Poppy explains honestly.

Branch didn't think someone who met earlier tonight would get that impression from her. In general she didn't think anyone would see her like that. She feels special to hear it for the first time. Another song starts playing and it isn't a rock song. One of the non Rock trolls are performing a soft and slow love song. Poppy smiles at the Princess getting an idea.

"Wanna dance with me?", Poppy asks softly.

Branch thinks for a moment then smiles happily at the king. She won't mind having one dance with him. The idea is inviting to the princess. Branch is real softy when you look pass her Rock troll - ness and really look inside her metaphorically.

" Why not?",Princess Branch replies softly.

The king gets out of his chair then offers the princess his hand. She accepts it happily. Then they walk over to the dance floor and start slow dancing. The King and Princess's eyes are locked. Branch doesn't usually get asked to slow dance but, it feels magical as she dances with Poppy. Poppy feels it too. To Branch and Poppy the rest of the world had completely disappeared.

Unknowingly to the dancing couple Barb stands at the sidelines and smile. He had paid a random troll to sing a romantic song. His sister and Poppy really did need some help to find love and maybe it could work out between them. Maybe they will find what they both want and need by looking at each other. There's nothing wrong with a brother and friend playing match maker for the people he cares for.