If Poppy Could Tell Branch

Genderbend human AU

Poppy and Branch sit in Poppy's living room. Poppy holds his light brown guitar. He starts playing as he talks to his best friend who is sitting on the opposite side to him of the white couch.

"He thought you were awesome...", Poppy says sweetly.

By " He " Poppy means himself. He is in love with Branch and has been for a long time. Usually Poppy can be very expressive so easily but, when it came to telling Branch his feelings it wasn't so easy! So he came up with this plan to her with the help of some of his friends. He had told Branch minutes ago that a guy he knows, A.K.A himself, likes her. Poppy is going to sing to Branch and he wrote a special song for this moment. He is so nervous!

"He thought I was awesome? The guy you claim who 'likes' me?", Branch replies not believing him.

Poppy smiles at her. There is no doubt that he thinks Branch is awesome!

"Definitely.", Poppy says confident.

Branch didn't understand why and how someone would be in love with someone like her.

" How?", Branch asks.

Poppy let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Well...", Poppy says trying to remember the song he wrote.

There's no going back now...

" He said there's nothing like your smile
Sort of subtle and perfect and real
He said you never knew how wonderful that smile
Can make someone feel...",Poppy sings.

Branch doesn't smile a lot but, when she was really smiling it always looked subtle, perfect and real to him. Some days he would bug her just to get her to smile.

" And he knew whenever you get bored
You still draw stars on the cuffs of your jeans
And he noticed you still wear a camouflage jacket from those camping magazines...",Poppy sings.

Branch is very good at drawing that it's like a little talent. Poppy could remember the times he found her drawing. And as for the jacket it is very true. Since Branch was a teenager she would wear a camouflage jacket. Poppy smiles at those memories.

" But he kept it all inside his head
What he saw he left unsaid
Even know he wanted to
He had some trouble talking to you
He couldn't find a way
But,he would always say...",Poppy sings.

Poppy has been having trouble with certain feelings. He would talk to the rest of the Snack Pack about this.

" If I could tell her
Tell her everything I see
If I could tell her that she's everything to me
But,we're a million worlds apart
And I don't know where I would even start
If I could tell her
If I could tell...",Poppy sings.