Two Poppies,two different lives - Part 5

High School AU/Fanasty AU

The Cheerleader listened carefully as she watched her Poppy explained everything. She sits on the couch farer away from the troll she declared an impostor. The way he spoke calmed her down and gave her some comfort as well since she was able recognise him through it. Branch could look past the fact that he was pink instead of grey. Before Branch would hope that he would be happy again but, she didn't think she would see be pink again like this. It felt bittersweet.

" Okay. Is that everything?", Branch says simply.

" I think so...", the pink troll replies honestly.

The Poppy in the mirror couldn't remember anything else to add so he ended it there. He can't remember the last time he talked so much in one day but, today took the award for it. The teenage troll is honestly surprised that he didn't feel drained like he normally would. Poppy didn't admit it out loud but, hearing his Branch's voice was comforting. He missed her.

" When and how are you going to come back? You can't stay there forever. ", blue Branch asks caringly.

That's when both Poppies shared a nervous reaction. The one on the couch chuckled nervously as the one in the mirror broke eye contact and was only saying "Hmmm" completely unsure of what to say. The blue female turns her head to the troll sitting near her than back to more the socially awkward troll in the mirror.

" You do know how to get back,right?", Branch says concerned.

Neither of the two Poppies wanted to answer her. The person who made them switch places wasn't giving many details on when or how they would go back home as mentioned before. It wasn't their fault that they weren't given such information but, still they wished that did know. Both Poppies did miss their own world and home.

"Well actually -...", the Pink troll says awkwardly.

" Give that!", an certain female voice said annoyed.

An grey hand grabs and yanks the mirror out of the awkward teen's hand. When both Branches saw each other for first time they weren't surprised to see each other but, didn't expect how different they looked. The grey Branch didn't think the other her would actually have the type of look she always believed she could never have. To her she looked like almost prefect version of what she wished she looked like. Grey Branch hated how she would look in the mirror cause she could easily see every imperfection she had.

The blue Branch immediately took note of how the other her was both grey and still had the physical traits that her aunt deemed unacceptiable on her to have. They were the pimples, ears still looking deformed and not having the " perfectly bright blue" skin.  The amount of skincare products she uses to look nice in her aunt's eyes is very time consuming. It's why she always has to wake an hour early. The blue troll never was even insecure about her appearance until her aunt started pointing out every little detail like she was a doll that could easily be perfected.

" Apparently the mirror will start glowing and become a portal when the Trairy decides to let them go home but, they don't know when that will happen. For all we know this could last from days into weeks! ", Grey Branch says annoyed.

" First of all, there are couple leaves in your hair and second, why are we even in this situation?", The Blue Branch says calmly then annoyed.

Grey Branch notices the leaves in the hair so she quickly takes them out as the other her expressed how annoyed she was. Both Poppies were quiet. The awkward one didn't know what to say to get back into conversation. His conversation skills weren't the best. The other Poppy however was still a bit scared of the blue troll who was ready to send him to hospital earlier.  Then the blue troll turns her head back to him.