Match Making From The Grave

Funeral story AU?/Match maker AU?

(AN: I don't know how to categorize this AU)

In a funeral that's in the forest the whole Pop village is grieving over their great lost,especially Queen Peppy and Prince Poppy. They all are wearing black and formal clothing and are grey. The late King Joyce had sadly and tragically died because, of a incurable disease. King Joyce was a really good king who was close with his family and the villagers.

Prince Poppy and Queen Peppy stands in front of Joyce's headstone which is of course in a grave yard. Prince Poppy is wearing black suit as his mother wears a black dress and a black hay with a widow veil. The adult Prince let's out a depressed sigh as his mother puts flowers on her late husband's grave. There are many trolls behind them watching quietly and sadly.

" I miss you. ", Peppy whispers to herself depressed.

Later that day,everyone at the funeral is at the reception. Poppy is walking with his mind far away from him. His mind is deep in thoughts of his father. Losing his dad had hit him hard. The twenty - two year old prince loved his father as much as he loves his mother. Unknowingly Poppy ends up stopping by the stage.

A beautiful grey twenty - four year old woman,Branch, steps up on the stage slowly. She is wearing beautiful black dress with a short skirt and sleeves,simple chain necklace with rosemary charm and her hair is tied into a ponytail with green band. Branch stands in front of the microphone a little nervously. Branch is doing this for the late King Joyce. She is going to sing for the first time in front of a crowd.

" This is a song for the late King. May he rest in peace.", Branch says respectfully and softly into the microphone.

The Prince looks up at the stage and sees the beautiful troll. He never saw her before in his life. The rest of the trolls turn to the stage as soft music begins to play. Branch Let's out a quiet sigh to herself then closes her eyes as she begins to sing. Her eyes reopened as moved on to the next lyrics. Poppy looks at her curiously.

" Here's to the ones that we got
Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not
'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
Of everything we've been through
Toast to the ones here today
Toast to the ones that we lost on the way
'Cause the drinks bring back all the memories
And the memories bring back, memories bring back you...", Branch sings beautifully and softly.

Everyone became enchanted by Branch's voice,especially Prince Poppy. Many trolls came closer to the stage quietly. Nobody dared to disturb Branch's singing. None of them recognized singer but, that didn't stop them from allowing themselves to be amazed. Poppy looks up at the singer in awe as his heart skips a beat. The unknown troll to him has the most beautiful singing voice he ever heard!

" There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no pain
When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same
Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name
'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day, yeah...",Branch sings beautifully and a little louder.

Branch looks down at the crowd. She has allowed herself to be free from her nervousness. King Joyce once told her before his death inorder for her not to be scared all she had to do was just sing. He was right. The young troll gets lost in the song as she sings. Branch wasn't afraid anymore.

" Everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody hurts someday, ayy ayy
But everything gon' be alright
Go and raise a glass and say, ayy...", Branch sings beautifully and softer.