Chapter 26: Case Cleanup

3rd POV:

Eraserheads eyes widen slightly before leaning down next to Izuku, "Kid be careful with what you say. His quirk is a lie detector so be mindful of every single thing you say because he will dig for the truth which is a problem for us since we are hiding your identity and quirk status. If he wants to see your ID show it to him but don't divulge more information and just tell him it's redacted by the commission which is true." Aizawa said as he whispered to Izuku and Izuku nodded his head as the detective came closer to them since they didn't move closer to him first.

"Eraserhead, who's this with you since I haven't seen anyone like him before?" The detective asked and Izuku just provided his ID without speaking. The man looked confused for a second until he saw what he was given, as it was Izuku's Provisional Licence. "Oh, Kitsune... So you have taken a work-study on Eraserhead. That isn't normal for you so he must be quite special." The detective said but neither Izuku nor Aizawa made a comment about what was said which earned a raised eyebrow from the detective. Izuku held his hand out to get his license back and the detective went to give it back when he noticed something on the license and pulled it back.

"Why does it say redacted for your quirk?" The detective asked with a raised eyebrow forcing Izuku to answer. "Hero Commission redacted it since I am going underground and all. License please?" Izuku said as he put his hand further out wanting his license back. The detective handed it back to Izuku but the detective was now curious as he asked what Kitsune's quirk was but Izuku said he didn't want to talk about that information which was a true statement and closed the issue since the detective didn't really need to know it for legal reasons as Izuku had a license that allowed him to use a quirk though he didn't have one anyway.

"Is there anything you need detective because I would like to get my student away from here since this was his first major case like this and it was gruesome inside?" Eraserhead said looking at the man who nodded slightly. "I just wanted to check in with you since you tend to come to talk to me before leaving if we are at the same case. Though I can understand why you would want to get him back to rest after a case like this. Sorry for the trouble." The detective said and Eraserhead nodded his head as he guided Izuku away from the site and told the detective they would send the reports when they were done.

After some time they arrived back at Aizawa's apartment where Izuku ended up crashing just as Aizawa thought he would as Izuku sat on the couch with a distant look in his eyes as he had tears going down his face. Aizawa just came up to Izuku and hugged him as Izuku cried silently as he processed what he had seen. Izuku suddenly bolted up as he grabbed the small trash bucket that was in the living room and started to throw up. Aizawa only removed parts of Izuku's hero outfit and made sure to keep any hair dangling away from his face as Izuku contained to throw up any food in his stomach.

"Why....?" Izuku asked and Aizawa asked what he meant though had a guess. "Why the hell are people such horrible humans being? I went through so much pain and suffering but then I see this and think everything I went through in life is meaningless compared to what others are put through as they had their organs harvested." Izuku said as he looked up to Aizawa who sighed. "Kid, it's not good to compare the two because both are valid... In regards to the why... well, simply because humans can be cruel and unfair but as heroes, we are trying to correct as much unfairness in the world as we can. However, Underground Pro Heros deal with the ugly truth of the world far more than the limelight Heros nor does the public really ever know what goes on in the dark of night. This is our job but I don't want you to focus on the ones that we failed to save but to look at those that we did. Around 60 individuals of all different ages are walking away tonight alive as they can go back to their families or loved ones which is because of you noticing something being fishy about an individual and tracking the warehouse down. That was all you Izuku and you are why they are walking away alive tonight." Aizawa said and Izuku had a tiny smile on his face as he thought about those people as he did indeed save them all from dying but he wished he could have saved the others.