Chapter 31: Sports Festival #2!

3rd POV:

The first month passed and it was now time for the second sports festival of Izuku's life! Izuku was in a good mood as well since they had dealt with the school that Hitoshi had gone to and all of the staff was indeed held on multiple charges that ranged different things and some that they didn't even know about since the detective had found other dirt of the school staff after some digging into their private lives for things like tax evasion or bribing some government officials to look the other way. Overall, it came to a good ending as Hitoshi had started online school to finish up his last year or middle school before high school which allows him a bit more time to train since he isn't wasting it by going at the same speed as everyone else so Hitoshi had texted Izuku that he was trying hard to get most of it done several months in advance to give him more dedicated time to train closer to the day of the exam.

Now outside of that, Izuku had looked at the track record that he had in arresting people and doing cases and was quite surprised. If he were to take all of his cases that he did as Tea Leaves for analytical support which is counted under his hero name of Kitsune due to Tea Leaves being associated with his ID in the commission's files, then he had enough work done to have been ranked in the low 500's which considering how many heroes there are in Japan is quite amazing when you are just going on casework and villain captures. Izuku also didn't have to worry about not having a good enough income to maintain his life since the casework under Tea Leaves did pay quite well since analytical support in the hero field is a bit harder to get due to the limited numbers of heroes that can do it.

Now, heroes could go outside but that tends to be going to large firms that charge a much higher rate, and also there is the issue of clearance to work on cases as well which Izuku had since he was a provisional hero. Most people that don't charge high rates that are solo individuals tend not to have the security clearance to work on a case and can only offer analysis of heroes themselves. As such, Izuku had a decent line of work and income even when he doesn't want to go out on a patrol to capture people.

Aizawa would always grumble about how Izuku was starting to get better off than he was but Izuku could see that the man was proud of how Izuku was deploying his skills to make effective work since he split his time between online casework and fieldwork. Now focusing back on the supports festival that had arrived at Izuku's doorstep! It was time to decide on how he was going to perform this year and if he was going to go far in the festival at all.

Overall, Izuku wanted to go far and take the win again to rub it in people's faces that a quirkless person didn't just get lucky doing it one time as Izuku would prove he did it multiple times and it wasn't a fluke. As such, with the blessing of Nezu, he would go under a new name once again and have his looks changed with hero-grade makeup and have his hair styled into a new hairstyle with a new color. Izuku once again went under as a general education student named Hideki Junko which in Japanese means Hiden Tree & Pure Child. Nezu laughed when he heard the name that Izuku picked since the hidden tree could be a reference to Izuku's green hair and pure child could be a reference to the fact that he had no quirk.

Izuku honestly just searched up random names that sounded like they could go together and selected them as he didn't realize their meaning until after the fact but went with it anyway. As Izuku sat in the preparation room he was preparing strategies to overcome the festival once again this year though he had no idea what it would be this year since only the last round was the same unless it hit on the same thing once again.

As they were all called out, Izuku noticed the stage was a bit bigger than the first year stadium which made sense due to the second-years having more control of quirks which sometimes meant more destructive force would be released. There were also more protective barriers around the audience to block attacks that went up towards them. A student from the business department was called up this year since they were still hiding Izuku like always so he wouldn't give the speech even though it was meant to be his place due to him topping the scores above everyone in the finals last semester.