Chapter 52: Flood Gates

3rd POV:

Izuku to be honest should have expected it and he somewhat did expect it but to think so many reporters and other individual  were standing outside of UA's front gates on the day they were set to return from the internships or for him his work-study was a bit shocking. A lot of the reporters were trying to question students or others on information about Kitsune aka himself and Izuku just found it funny as he had easily slipped by as he claimed to be a general studies student that had an appointment with Recovery Girl before the start of school. As such, none of the reporters bothered him greatly as he was able to get into the campus without much trouble unlike those that had claimed to be from the third-year hero class. Izuku did wonder how they would all be reacting towards the news of him being quirkless and having won the sports festival each year before because social media was quite something right now. There was actually a even divide online currently since Izuku had made a lot of progress during his years at UA in showing that he deserved his position. It was also the fact that there was a large handful of Pro Heroes that Izuku had worked with that came out in support of him even though they didn't know about him being quirkless right now.

'I'm going to have to thank Best Jeanist in the future when I see that man...' Izuku thought as Best Jeanist had come out publicly supporting Kitsune saying some things like that the third-year hero student was able to hold himself against individuals in the top ten which showed the dedication and training that Kitsune had gone through and deserved a fair chance like everyone else to be a hero. Izuku always found working with the top hero a bit weird since the man was so on point about jean fashion and having a uniformed clothing and appearance that it bugged Izuku since not everyone fits into one size models like Best Jeanist tried to do to Izuku in the past but otherwise the man was good for raids and even the recent raid they had on the League that helped spark all of this online debate as well!

Anyway, as Izuku paced himself through the hallways he could see the looks he was getting since he was now in his hero outfit and no longer just wearing his normal clothing without his mask on. Izuku could see a range of expressions with some disgusted looks which mainly consisted of some first and second years and then some looks of awe. Izuku noticed something else as well and that was the looks of disgust really only came from those not in the hero courses at all and Izuku could guess why. It was the simple fact that even outside of the sports festival, Izuku had dominated against all of the hero course students in trainings as well as against large groups of them in trainings as well. As such, if Izuku could win the sports festivals without support gear against quirked individuals and dominate in trainings with only using minimal amounts of his support gear then it was clear he could handle himself. This was a fact that the hero course students knew of personally as their bodies have all hit the ground through the hands of Kitsune unlike the general course students who have not had to suffer at Kitsune's hands!

After moving through the hallways, Izuku arrived at the staff room since he knew Nezu would likely be there with the other staff talking about the mess of a situation that was currently standing outside of the schools gates. As Izuku didn't even bother knocking he just pulled the doors open and found all of the staff present in the staff room but there were some 'unique' guest in the room as well. These so called guests were none other than Madam President of the Hero Commission herself! "Ah, Madam President. Wish we were meeting again under more pleasant reasons but you know this society is quirkest and wants people like me dead after all." Izuku said without a care in the world as he bowed a bit to the president of the commission and than sat down near Nezu. The room was silent after Izuku's little statement but Nezu soon broke the silence and asked if anyone had any ideas about dealing the public backlash that was going on right now due to Kitsune's quirk statues being leaked by one of the students in 1-A. Of course, Nezu already had figured out who leaked the information within the few days that all of this has been going on so it wasn't a surprise it was someone in 1-A and Izuku knew it was someone there as well because outside of the staff and the commission they were the only ones that knew the truth. Well... the villains knew the truth but he doubted they would gain much from this backlash expect some pissed off people for a bit of time.