Chapter 27: Winter Break Relaxation

3rd POV:

Izuku Midoriya was sitting in his homeroom like normal in the afternoon as he had already long completed his second-year education and had started working on some of his third-year work when he had a ping from his phone. Izuku decided to take a break and look at his phone and discovered that it was none other than Hitoshi Shinso that was texting him. Hitoshi was asking if Izuku wanted to train together or hang out during the winter break since he would need to be careful with what training he does out in the cold weather which was smart of Hitoshi to be careful of as it could actually harm your body if you let your body get too cold and work out at the same time.

As he thought about it he heard a voice from behind him which belonged to Aizawa. "Is this the kid you talked about who you had been helping train?" Aizawa asked as he came up behind Izuku. "Ah, yea and he's been doing a decent job. I still don't know what quirk he has but I know it's a mental quirk due to his reactions and body language. I'm betting he gets bullied at his school but he did tell me he is safe at home with his foster mothers. Judging on his body language then I am sure he was telling the truth." Izuku said and Aizawa nodded his head and told Izuku he should go hang out with someone near his age for once. "We will still be doing patrols during the winter break since you have your license of course but I want you to just relax for a bit before we kick it back into high gear when your second year starts," Aizawa said and Izuku nodded as he told Hitoshi that he was open to planning things out to hang out or some training during the winter break.

As the last few weeks of Izuku's first year came to an end, he breathed a sigh of relief as he had made it an entire year at UA. This was a large accomplishment to Izuku as he was the first quirkless person to ever step foot into UA or the hero course but to make it a full year was a miracle that he knew would have been much harder if it wasn't for the staff helping him out so much in supporting him to stay hidden. Izuku knew even if UA had a zero-tolerance policy to bullying and discrimination that there would indeed be sneers and other things that people could get away with but right now he was enjoying a somewhat normal experience.

Izuku soon found himself at the cat cafe where he had agreed to meet Hitoshi at since they wanted to play with the cats. It's so much easier just paying for a cup of coffee or something when you want to play with cats instead of owning one yourself so Izuku always did enjoy his time at the cafe. As he entered he found Hitoshi in the normal spot where they would sit and saw the cats all over him. "One of these days you are going to suffocate due to the cats," Izuku said as he put his Katana down next to him when he sat down. Hitoshi just shrugged and asked how UA was which made Izuku smile a bit.

"Ah, I see you are trying to get information out of me on where I attend school. Now that isn't nice but good job applying the tactics that I've been teaching you on the side." Izuku said with a grin on his face as he had been sliding some of the manipulative tactics that he had learned from Nezu to Hitoshi to help him. Hitoshi just made a clicking sound with his tongue as he failed to get confirmation of what school Izuku went to since Izuku still hadn't confirmed if he went to UA or not. "If you must ask, this year had been filled with many different things and some unpleasant things due to patrols," Izuku said as he shrugged slightly as he said he survived the year and would need to survive the next one as well.

"Now enough about me! How is your life? Is school still survivable for now until you try to go for UA?" Izuku asked fishing for information about Hitoshi's school life since he was sure the boy didn't have friends outside of Izuku just like Izuku didn't have friends either outside of Hitoshi. "It's manageable, most people don't talk to me due to my quirk so it works. It's just the sneers and verbal stuff right now since no one wants to physically start stuff due to being afraid of me using my quirk on them which is stupid since it would prove them right that I am a villain." Hitoshi said and Izuku could feel a lot of hints there as well that he took in but didn't push Hitoshi to tell him about his quirk as he only told the boy he could tell him whenever he felt comfortable.