Chapter 17: First Semester Finals!

3rd POV:

The remaining time of the semester was going by quite fast with all of the constant training and learning that Izuku was doing with Eraserhead and Nezu on top of all of the training he still completed with Vagabond so Izuku's skills were always increasing at a constant speed. It also allowed the sense of time to flow by him quite easily without him really noticing it. This is how it became time for Izuku to do the finals for the first semester of his first year which surprised him on how soon it came around but nonetheless, he needed to get it completed and pass it!

Eraserhead informed him that even if he failed he would still be attending the summer camp training but he would not be going with the first-years instead he would be going with the second-year students. The first-year summer camp tends to focus on strengthening their quirk while the second-year training camp aims to work on overall training, techniques, and find gaps that they can find since you do your work-studies during your second semester typically since UA tends to send their second-years to retrieve their provisional licenses at the start of the first semester.

Izuku was glad to learn he would still go to the summer training camp but still wanted to pass the exam regardless. Izuku did learn that he would be fighting against several of the staff since the typical exam is fighting against a lot of robots for the finals but Izuku needed to be challenged and pushed further faster than normal students due to his quirkless statues. Izuku knew that as well as Nezu explained why he would be fighting against multiple teachers in his final test since people would always use his quirkless status against him so they needed to do it first to make him used to it and to keep challenging him due to the skills he already has so he wasn't being allowed to easily pass. The reason Nezu said that is because it's true as Izuku Verus Aizawa with all of their support gear and Izuku likely would win since he is a horrible match against Eraserhead so Izuku needs to be challenged. Otherwise, what was the point of him being at the school if he wasn't always pushing himself forward?

As the day of the exam arrived, Izuku found himself at ground beta which was the same training grounds that the entrance exam was held in but Izuku noticed changes to the place. A portion of the ground beta was completed broke up and then there was a level of realism that seemed to have been added as there were cars on fire or destroyed. Buildings that were partially destroyed or fully broken down which seeing all of this confused Izuku since this training ground didn't always look like this.

 Buildings that were partially destroyed or fully broken down which seeing all of this confused Izuku since this training ground didn't always look like this

"I see you noticed the changes, I decided to add a bit of realism for your test and the other hero courses tests as well. You are the first going through it though but overall there is typical stuff you would find in a city hit by a large-scale villain attack or just rampaging villains. The teachers in this are the villains that had destroyed the city and you need to capture or defeat them though you do have the option of escaping out of the gate as it is normal for some normal heroes being unable to overcome the threats." Nezu said and Izuku could hear the implications in Nezu's words like the word normal because Izuku isn't normal and he knew it. If he chooses to run in real life then people would demand his license to be removed even if others did it as well to get back up or other things. Izuku didn't have that choice as he needed to overcome the enemy or last long enough for help to arrive.