Chapter 2: Grabbing The Future!

3rd POV:

It had been a while since he witnessed the fight that the underground Pro Hero Eraserhead had in that alleyway that late afternoon and Izuku had started to make changes to his life as best as a nine-year-old could. Izuku knew his mother wasn't really the best at being supportive of his dreams to become a hero but he knew she would at least support him in getting physically fit and staying healthy if he worded his requests to her correctly. As such, he had asked her if he could join a dojo that teaches self-defense and other things so he could be physically active and learn things while doing it. Inko though was honestly hesitant since she in all honestly knew that Izuku was doing this since he wanted to be a pro hero but she ended up agreeing in the end after some pushing from her son who didn't let up easily on requesting to do it. She also had no way to outright reject his request as he was framing it in a way of learning self-defense skills while being healthy which would be wrong of her to say anything against such a request for Izuku's own safety since it did mean he could better protect himself he ever got attacked.

It took some time but Izuku had found a dojo that would likely meet his needs overall since he had to do a bit of research through all of the different possible options. The dojo that he had found was a more old-style dojo that didn't really have any people it was teaching currently due to how it compared to other dojos near it. There was also the fact that it was operated by an older man which made some people think against joining the dojo since they didn't think a single old man could be effective in teaching. Even Izuku was a bit hesitant but he also knew a lot more of the other dojo's would likely discriminate against him due to being quirkless. As such, he decided to check the dojo out with the older man who would be more direct in the training and likely not discriminate since quirkless people were more common in the past which older people would be used to and less judgmental of Izuku's lack of a quirk.

However, as Izuku dug more into the dojo it wasn't the fact that the man was really old that surprised Izuku... no, it was the fact that Izuku recognized this man from somewhere and he was trying to figure it out but couldn't which bugged Izuku which meant he wanted to at least meet the older man to see if he could figure it out. The man looked very old and all of his hair and beard was white now but yet he carried an aura of imposing dominance that suggested you would lose and die if you opposed him. This man looked like a trained warrior with decades of experience from the image on the dojo's website.

 This man looked like a trained warrior with decades of experience from the image on the dojo's website

Inko and Izuku greeted the man as they entered the old dojo. The man introduced himself as Rowling, Seth. 'Seth Rowling... that feels familiar.' Izuku thought as he knew he have read something about this man outside of the dojo's information. The man had asked why they were at the dojo and before Inko spoke up, Izuku decided to voice his desires by himself without his mother wording it in a 'kind' manner due to him being quirkless. Izuku wasn't going to sugarcoat anything about his situation even if his mother wanted to be careful with him being quirkless. 

"Mister, I am quirkless and am looking for a dojo that will train me. I am in all honestly wanting to become an Underground Pro Hero so I need somewhere that will teach me how to fight and defend myself against others as well as physical conditioning. I know the more popular dojo's run a risk of discriminating against me and incorrectly teaching me as well due to me being quirkless." Said the 9-year-old Izuku Midoriya who had shocked both his mother and the owner of the dojo. Inko then apologized to the man for her son's outburst but Izuku stared at the man who was staring at Izuku with a fierce glare which concerned Inko but didn't faze Izuku as he didn't feel an overwhelming pressure that Izuku thought the man could carry. 'I've received enough glares from my bullies and teachers and this doesn't seem as strong as the man could put off.' Izuku thought as he felt no ill intentions in the man's eyes since Izuku was good at reading people due to his life experiences so far and analysis of people.