Chapter 20: Summer Break Training & Purple Hair Kid!

3rd POV:

As we skip a few weeks to the middle of the summer break for UA, we can find Izuku who was currently sitting inside of the dojo with his grandfather Vagabond who was having Izuku mediate to relax his body. The reason Vagabond was having Izuku do this is because of the type of training that they would be conducting moving forward during the remaining portions of the summer break which will be exhausting as it will expand on some previous training that they have done before. This training was seeing in the dark so that Izuku didn't have to rely on night-vision technology to move around in really dark places but that isn't really what they are doing today. No, the goal of the training they are going to be starting is that Vagabond wants to teach Izuku how to fight effectively in near pitch-black darkness without relying on his sense of sight but instead relying on smell, sound, and touch. 

As Izuku felt ready, he stood up and had a blindfold on blocking his view complete with a layer of protection under the blindfold to protect his eyes in the event of an accident. "Forget that you have eyes and focus on everything else such as the smell in the room, the sounds that are traveling, the feeling of vibrations when things move in the room," Vagabond said as he was walking through the room while tossing things to cause noise in another direction or setting off sounds by devices.

Everything was meant to cause a distraction for Izuku who was needing to ignore the noise and find the other human in the room. "Use the sounds and how much large of a sound to gauge the person's weight and body height... having a rough guess can help determine how long their arms maybe when they attack if they are able to see in the room though you do have the option of attacking them first," Vagabond said as he suddenly ran at Izuku since he was highly trained in this and could pick up Izuku's location due to the sound of his grandsons breathing. 

Izuku could hear the footsteps coming but could do nothing to stop himself from getting thrown on the ground. Izuku landed with a large sound as he rolled to his back and push himself up as he struggled in the complete blackness as he received a kick to the stomach which made him feel like he wanted to throw up. This type of training contained for days and days until nearly 3/4ths of the summer break had passed by in a flash. Izuku could be seen with his shirt off with Vagabond tending to Izuku's wounds due to the sheer number of bruises he had across his body since Vagabond refuses to treat his grandson with soft gloves which means he never holds back. 

Now that isn't to say he is using all of his strength but he surely isn't holding back as he would do with a normal individual. No, he was treating Izuku just as if he was a fierce opponent out in the field that needed to be stopped so that meant attacks that would indeed cause injuries across Izuku's body which Izuku was thankful for since he would be pissed if his grandfather ever treated him kindly in the training sessions. Izuku wanted to grow stronger and you don't do that by being treated with kid gloves.

Vagabond though wanted Izuku to take a break for a few days and let his body rest up since they had been pushing it for some time. "Take a break and go hang out at a park or a cat cafe like you like to do in your little free time. We need to let your body heal up a bit more unless you want to see if Recovery Girl will heal you up." Vagabond said which Izuku agreed since he was really sore from all of his bruising that he had on his body. He didn't really want to go to Recovery Girl since all of the bruising would look a bit too much like he was being abused if someone not in the loop of Izuku's life accidentally saw all of it.

As Izuku left the dojo and started to walk towards the cat cafe he tends to visit, he thought about the progress he was making in the darkness training as it was far more complex than typical fighting at night time in the dark as Izuku's entire sense of sight is blocked which forced him to rely on everything else. For the first portion of the training, he wasn't doing anything good as he just kept getting his ass handed to him but lately he's able to block hits that come his way and land a few hits here and there. They still had about a half of a month left before UA would start up again for the second semester of his first year so he was hoping he would start getting a bit better to start going on the offensive instead of always being on the defensive but he knew it would take likely a year or more for him to gain a good foothold in this type of brutal training.