You: You understand he's like...10 years younger than you.

She rolls her eyes.

Violet: And he's blind...who cares?

• •

{Later That Day}

Outside of the cabin, you throw a football at Ben. He caught it and held it by the seams.

Ben: Throw it harder, old man.

You: I don't think you want to lose your fingers.

Ben threw it back, and you caught it with one hand.

You: I need to find a place around here to build a basketball court.

Ben: Don't they have one at the Avengers facility?

You give a nod, but don't reply. It been a while since you've gone there. You prepare to throw the ball back.

You: Heads up.

You throw it farther, and Ben ends up leaping higher than usual and catches it. He topples over and lands on his back.

You jog over to him.

You: Whoa, you okay?

Ben gets up and simply brushes himself off. He was impressed by his feat.

Ben: I'm fine. Man, I should play for the Giants.

You chuckle as you pat his back. Suddenly, you both hear gravel on the dirt path crunch, and see a car pull up.

Steve Rogers exits the car first, then Andrea Romanoff. Lastly comes out Omid Lang, and it came as a surprise since you thought he was dusted.

You: Get inside, Ben. Go see if mom finished making dinner.

He nods as he runs off inside the house with the ball. You dust off your hands and start walking over to the porch. The three started walking up to you as you call out through the screen door.

You: Clem, mind taking out the lemonade pitcher from the fridge?

Clementine: Uh...okay.

You turn and face the three of them.

Steve: Y/N, it's good to see you.

You: Steve. You both should've called...I could've set the table for more people.

Andrea: It's fine.

You nod as you look at Omid.

You: Lang...you're a sight for sore eyes.

Omid rubbed his hands and sighed.

Omid: Y/N...uh...Mr. L/N, I have to tell you about something.

• •

Omid ended up explaining how he was stuck in the Quantum Realm during a mission with Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, and their daughter Christa, who was the Wasp. They got dusted and left him there for five years...but to him it was only five hours. He started to tell you how they can work that situation out to time travel.