You motion towards the rooftop door that leads to a staircase going down into the building.

You: Go. One of you call the authorities.

They all listen and run off to the stairs, leaving you and Daredevil with the unconscious bodies of the Maggia.

You stretch out your arms and hold your back as you look over the ledge onto the skyline. Daredevil walks up to you, taking off his mask and exhaling.

You: Thanks for the assist, Henry.

Henry: Looks like you needed it, old man.

You chuckle. You are currently 36, while Henry Murdock was a decade younger.

You: I wish I was 26 again.

Henry: Unless you build some sort of time machine...I wouldn't keep wishing.

You deactivate your mask and take in the fresh air. You scratch the stubble on you chin.

You: Ford hasn't stopped with these scare tactics. Looks like it's getting worse.

You are talking about Abraham Ford, also known as Hammerhead. He is a crime boss that started gaining traction once you retired in 2016 and AJ became the main Spider-Man.

Henry: Sometimes I wish he was part of the half that was dusted.

You sigh.

You: Well, he wasn't. Now we gotta deal with it and finish what AJ started.

Henry nodded. He doesn't express his feelings much, but he did miss AJ, Judith, and Tenn...they were his best friends since high school.

At least his college friend, Foggy Nelson, and co-worker, Karen Page, are still around. Together they run a law firm.

Suddenly, your spider sense goes off. Henry also uses heightened hearing and hears something going on a few blocks away. 

Henry: Stand-off on 9th Avenue. Officers are down and backup's not available.

You: Great. The city never sleeps...still.

You re-activate your mask and leap off the building. Henry puts on his helmet and follows suit.

• •

The four jewelry store robbers take cover behind their truck as they exchange fire with the remaining officers. They already shot down a few.

Robber 1: The heat died down. We gotta move!

Robber 2: We ain't leaving until they're all dead.

Robber 3: And the driver's side door is on the other side, thanks to this idiot.

Robber 4: Shut the hell up.

As they continue shooting, they suddenly hear a crashing thud several yards to their left. They turn, and see a man wearing brown vest over a quilt-designed sweater.