How Many Did We Win?

Start from the beginning

Doctor Strange: When I called the two of you for help, I didn't think you guys had the history of two workplace rivals. Christ...

You both ignore his comment. Tony continues looking at the system.

Tony: This ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot.

Doctor Strange: Can we control it? Fly us home?

You walk over to the three. Tony doesn't answer, you notice him in his thoughts.

Doctor Strange: Stark?

Tony: Huh?

Doctor Strange: Can you take us home?

Tony: Yeah, I heard you.

He fiddles with his hands, looking down and still thinking. You know what he's thinking, as you've thought of it as well. You choose to speak for him.

You: I'm not so sure we should go back.

With the stone being with the three, it was more likely he'd go after you and not go to Earth himself. It'd be better to take the fight off-world.

Doctor Strange: Under no circumstances can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think any of you quite understand what's at stake here.

Tony: What? No, it's you who doesn't understand that Thanos has been inside my head for six years. Since he sent an army to New York and nows he's back...

You glance at Tony, who's seemed to get more emotional. He's never fully explained the extent of his nightmare back in Sokovia.

Tony: ...And I don't know what to do.

You: It's a better plan to fight him on his turf instead of ours. You saw what they can do. The destruction him and his team are capable of.

Tony finally agrees with you.

Tony: He wouldn't expect it. We should take the fight to him. Doctor. Do you concur?

The sorcerer stays silent for a moment.

Doctor Strange: All right. We go to him. But you have to understand...

He looks Tony, then at you.

Doctor Strange: If it comes to saving any of you...or the Time Stone. I will not hesitate to let either of you die. I can't, because the universe depends on it.

You nod. Tony pats his arm.

Tony: Nice. Good, moral compass. We're straight.

• •

The ship keeps on flying towards Titan. It's been a while, and you stand around unmasked in your new suit. You run your fingers along the metal sleeve. You can't believe this was all made with nanotechnology, and more shocked at the fact that Tony finished making it.

Tony walks up, and sees you admiring at the suit.

Tony: I was close to scrapping the thing all together, thought of maybe using the material to make a self-forming coffee table or something.