ahhhh overwhelmed as hell

so our routine atm is still pretty hectic mainly bc i feel that i have to take care of myself and stop letting my husband take time away from me. its not fair for me to blame him tho bc im a grown ass woman and i should know how to manage myself and my schedule. anywho, catching up with uni has become near impossible but alhamdulilah for being busy, i just wish it would slow down a little bit so i could catch my breath but alhamdulilah, i function well in chaos for some reason.

When a man is dealing with low self-esteem, he'll make mistakes. Big mistakes. My shame and low self-esteem led me to become reckless. I felt a constant, nearly unbearable background anxiety. I had to make myself feel different. I had to escape. Luckily, there were several reliable methods: nonstop partying, irresponsible sex, starting businesses, spending lots of money, exotic traveling. My worst nightmare was being alone, in a quiet room. I couldn't stand my own company. Maybe your man feels the same way, I pray he doesn't. But my feelings aren't unique.

The mistakes I made led to more shame and guilt. And then more mistakes made running away from those feelings. The cycle continues. This leads to what I like to call the 9th dimension of shame. The hole can get so deep. The spiral of pain seems unstoppable.

Your man's low self-esteem can manifest in a variety of ways. Every guy will act out in his own way. Some pull back and hide, some flee and seek experiences. Others party and rage, or try to prove themselves at work. It's troublesome for both the sufferer and the poor individual who loves them so much. Low self-esteem is tricky; the sufferer can distract himself or run away from it for years. He may not even realize that the darkness he feels is low self-esteem. And it's f*cking heartbreaking.

If you love him, he will need you to get through it. You may be able to show him the light. Don't give up on him, he needs you. Many times it will be confusing, and he may hurt you without wanting to. (Trust me, he doesn't want to hurt you. He hurts enough just being himself.)

Here are some important things to remember: a cheat sheet to get you through tough times. And maybe to help him see the truth of his ways.

He loves you so much, but hates himself even more.

He's lost. You two may have such an obvious, beautiful opportunity for love but he squanders it. He only sees his own shortcomings. His pain and depression is like a dark, heavy, thick blanket that he just can't shake. But like I said above, he may not even realize it. He's not trying to mess with your head. He's not unreachable. However he is in a state of constant anxiety, always wishing he could be someone HE loves. If you say 'I love you', he probably thinks: 'Why would you? You can't. You're wrong'.

He yearns to love himself, and the struggle to do that can ruin your relationship. This should be a good thing, right? Not all men act out this feeling in healthy ways. It will be hard but think about their perspective. If they don't love themselves maybe you can do something to help them. If you love him, do what you can to help his HEART. Buy him books on spirituality, ask him how he feels about himself. Listen, and if required seek the help of a licensed therapist or psychologist.

A book I recommend is by . It was a wake-up call, and helped launch my wild journey of transformation. Don't let the title fool you, it's a book about shame, self-worth and learning to accept yourself. It's a powerful starting point, buy it now.

He may seek attention outside the relationship, or activities without you.

This was a huge factor in my relationship ending. My low self-esteem led me to crave attention from other potential partners. I was addicted to approval and validation from other women.

Maybe he likes attention from others, flirtation and come-hither looks. I hope you haven't caught him on dating sites or apps. That was another thing I would do – I craved the attention so much. Maybe he also yearns for people to tell him how cool he is, how great he dresses, or what a sweet job he has. Point is, he's just crazy for attention.