Captain Grimes: I don't give a shit.

You nod, there was no stopping a determined Rick Grimes.

You: I'll deal with Carnage while you try to get her out of there.

Rick agrees, and you leap up and start scaling the building. You make it to the rooftop, and face Carnage.

Carnage: Spider-Man...

You: Lieutenant Walsh...I always knew you didn't like me.

Carnage: I always had a disliking towards vigilantes.

You: You and Jameson would make a hell of a duo.

Carnage charges at you as his arm turns into a scythe. You dodge the attack by bending over backwards. You slide under his legs and kick him forward.

You shoot an electric web at him, which actually shocks him. You look around for any steel since you know the symbiote's weakness is sound waves.

Unfortunately, there isn't any.

Carnage recovers from the shock and grabs you with his tendrils. He flails your around and hits you against a roof vent. He throws you. You land near the edge of the rooftop.

Carnage leaps onto you and pins you down.

Carnage: You weren't on my immediate plans, but killing you will be a bonus.

Carnage exposes his teeth and chomps down, but you grab his head and keep his mouth away. You shoot a web at a chunk of brick and pull it towards Carnage. It hits him.

Carnage screeches as you push him off.

You shoot another electric web and stun him. You charge at him and land four blows: two punches and two kicks.

Carnage then grabs both your wrists. He crushes your web shooters and disables them. Not even your organic webbing is able to go through the broken nozzle.

He throws you against the wall and is about to attack again, but he senses something: Rick on the sixth floor and about to enter his apartment where Lori is held.

Carnage leaps off the building and uses his tendrils to swing into the hallway window. He crashes through and sees Rick trying to open the door.

Rick opens fire at the sight of Carnage, but he forms a shield and blocks the gunfire. He then pushes Rick away using his tendrils and enters the apartment.

Rick follows, but is attacked upon entry. Carnage stabs the side of his abdomen with his symbiote blade.

Lori: Rick!

Rick falls onto the floor near the window.

You enter the apartment too. You see Carnage holding Lori and Rick bleeding on the floor. Carnage's face pulls back to reveal Shane.

You: Let her go, Shane.

Carnage holds something in his hand, you don't know what it is or if he's simply preparing to form a weapon out of his symbiote.

Carnage: I'm not going to do that.

You: You can come back from this, Lieutenant...I know how this symbiote makes you feel.

Carnage: Powerful? Yes. It's amplified my best qualities...and because of it I'm able to achieve this.

Captain Grimes gets on one knee and speaks.

Captain Grimes: Achieve what? What is this?!

Carnage: You took her from me, now I'm going to do the same.

Lori looks at Rick.

Lori: I love you, Rick.

Carnage brandishes a detonator for the explosives he rigged around his apartment. He has Kingpin resources to thank for that.

Carnage: If I can't have her...no one can.

Rick decides to use his remaining strength to try and run at Carnage. Your spider sense goes off with so much force, and you know there is only one thing to do.

You quickly grab Rick and crash through the window. Carnage detonates the bombs.

BOOM!

The entire sixth floor explodes.

You land on top of a cop car, taking most of the impact and shielding Rick. You both roll off of the car and land on the street.

Rick gets on his knees and looks up at the fiery blaze. Shane succeeded, and took Lori from Rick.

Rick: NO!

You get up, aching from the impact. You look down at Rick as you hold your arm.

Saving Lori was impossible, so you did was was best: saving Rick. But, you know he was willing to sacrifice himself to try and save his wife.

You: Captain...

Rick doesn't respond, and keeps looking down.

You: ...I'm sorry

Captain Grimes: Get the fuck out of here.

You: I—

Rick takes out his revolver and aims it at you. It gets you by surprise, but you understand his current anger.

Captain Grimes: If I ever see you again...I won't hesitate to shoot. You understand? 

You start pacing backwards with your hand up. Rick lowers his gun and looks back down in the ground in sadness.

You sigh, looking up at the blown up apartment. You then turn around and walk away from Rick.