You check the webbing and see it's not the same as your webs. It was makeshift and never dissolved. Yours are made to dissolve a couple hours after launching them.

You take once piece with you and put it in your pocket.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps coming towards the exhibit. You quickly drop down and nonchalantly continue taking pictures. Captain Rick Grimes enters.

Captain Grimes: Hey, are you allowed to be in here?

You turn around and face him. Rick realizes it's you.

Captain Grimes: Oh. Hey, Y/N.

You: Hello, Captain. I'm just taking pictures for the Bugle.

Captain Grimes: Okay, then. Continue.

You snap one more photo before asking a question.

You: Captain—

Captain Grimes: Please, call me Rick. You've known Carl and I since he was in high school.

You thought that was funny, since Captain Grimes didn't like Spider-Man calling him Rick.

You: Do you think Spider-Man really did this?

He rubs his chin.

Captain Grimes: The Law and Order viewer in me doesn't think so...it could be more complicated than that. But as police captain, I have to see it as it is.

You nod.

Captain Grimes: What do you think?

Before you can respond, you hear commotion in the front lobby of the museum. You and Captain Grimes run into the lobby, and see smoke rising from the middle platform.

Once the smoke clears, you see the figure.

A/N: Redesign by Shane Stover on ArtStation

Mysterio: Don't be afraid. I'm here to help. I am Mysterio!

The people look on in awe.

Mysterio: I am putting Spider-Man on notice. There's no place you'll be able to hide and nowhere you can run.

JJ walks towards him.

JJ: Far as I'm concerned, you're just another creep in a costume. What can you do?

Mysterio takes off his glass bowl head, revealing nothing under it. The crowd gasps.

You think it's just cheap parlor tricks. Mysterio continues to hold up his own head.

Mysterio: I guarantee you I will catch Spider-Man. But I want you media people to be there and record it. After that, you will all know the name Mysterio!

He places his head back on and unleashes a tornado. He floats up and breaks through the ceiling, causing chunks of debris to fall. People begin running and you shield your own head.

But, there's no impact. You look up and see the ceiling is still intact. Bystanders look on in confusion.

Captain Grimes: The hell? How did he do that.

You should've know it was fake. Your spider sense didn't go off.

Whoever this was, he were going to be a problem.

• •

{The Next Day}

The copycat Spider-Man continues its crime spree, robbing other museums and jewelry stores throughout NYC. You knew Mysterio had to be behind it, and he was trying to taint your name for a reason.

You hear about a situation going at a mall near Brooklyn Bridge. You swing over there as Spider-Man.

You enter the mall through a window and see the copycat Spider-Man swinging through the mall with satchel in hand.

You: He doesn't even look like me, he's a lot fatter.

THWIP!

You swing in his direction. He looks at you as you're about to swing kick him.

Suddenly, he vanishes. You crash through the window of a shop.

You: Ugh...what the?

You look up, and see smoke swirling around. Mysterio appears.

You: It's you. I knew that copycat was just one of your illusions!

Mysterio: You're the fake here, Spider-Man.

You leap at him, but he disappears and you fly out of the shop. You perch onto the railing and drop down to the ground floor. Mysterio appears once more, floating in the air. Bystanders gasp.

Mysterio: Don't be afraid, good people! I won't let him hurt you.

You: You're the one who should be worried about getting hurt, fish-bowl head.

Mysterio: I'm more than ready to take you on. But not here...I have a place where everybody will be able to see.

The wall behind Mysterio dissolves and shows the Brooklyn Bridge. He goes through it.

Mysterio: You know the place.

You swing towards him, but the wall reappears and you stick to it. These tricks were starting to get annoying.

You: Who is this guy? A pissed off party magician?

THWIP!

You swing up to the open skylight of the mall and begin making your way to Brooklyn Bridge.