063. the masquerade ball

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile Caroline was inside. "Lexa-" The girl blurted, stopping as she noticed the girl. "Care, hey!" The Gilbert smiled. "How's the plan going?" The siphoner asked, quietly. As if on cue, Caroline received a text from Jeremy reading "Your turn."

The Forbes showed Lexa the text and the girl nodded. "Hey, save me a dance later?" Lexa asked which caused Caroline to smile brightly. "Of course!"

The girls parted ways as Lexa continued to look for Sienna. Finding no sight of her, she decided to head upstairs, to the girls room.

Meanwhile Caroline walked through an empty part of the manor and towards an open door but Katherine appeared suddenly, stopping her. The Petrova grabbed Caroline's wrist and pushed her against the wall. "What are Stefan and Damon up to?" She demanded. Caroline looked puzzled, "What do you mean?" She asked.

Katherine just frowned, "I've got Jeremy Gilbert luring me out to the lake. What's going on?" She snapped. Caroline just shrugged, "I don't know...nothing!"

The blonde flinched, as Katherine's fingers were wrapped around her throat. "Don't lie to me, Caroline. They're up to something, what is it?"

"I..."

Katherine tightened her grip which caused Caroline to squeak, "Wait, no, no, no! Okay. They're trying to kill you." As Katherine released her hand from the Forbes. "I figured as much. Where is the moonstone?"

"Bonnie has it. She's upstairs..."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa reached out to knock on Sienna's door, and after a moment of waiting she received a, "Who is it?" But for some reason, the tone was quite out of character. "It's Lexa." Lexa declared, before pushing the door open to enter the room.

She found Sienna laying on her bed, her eyes quite red. Her room reeked of weed. "Cece.. are you stoned!?" The Gilbert blurted. Sienna just shrugged, "No..." She lied before saying, "I don't know Mum, am I?" Lexa just frowned, "I know that was a joke but god please never call me that again-"

The siphoner closed the door behind her. "Please don't be mad- I'm grieving. I just wanted to stop feeling sad." Sienna admitted. Lexa walked over to sit beside her love, as her heels clicked on the hard floor. "I'm not mad.. I'm more worried about what would happen if Carol found you." She admitted as Sienna's face fell, "Oh shit..."

"Babe, I understand more than anyone how it is to want to feel nothing.... to instantly stop mourning and having to think about those you lose.. but it's not a good way to cope." Lexa insisted as Sienna frowned, "How would you know?" She asked.

"When I was with Vicki, I started taking a lot of drugs. It was really bad... I became a horrible person." Lexa began, "And when my parents died, all I wanted to do was pop pills and smoke." She confessed. "But I remember when I took drugs, that I'd feel better for a while but the high always ends eventually, and the feelings and emotions all come back."

Sienna's eyes filled with tears, "I don't want them to come back..." She admitted, as Lexa put an arm around her. "The only way you can get past it, is by feeling." The Gilbert said, rubbing her girlfriends back comfortingly.

Sienna nodded, sniffling "Hey baby.. can you get me some snacks?" She asked. "I think I have the munchies." She laughed. Lexa then laughed, before she kissed the Lockwood's cheek. "Sure Cece. I'll be back soon."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Katherine was dragging a sobbing Caroline upstairs. "Why do you keep dragging me into this? I don't want any part of it." The girl sobbed. Katherine hissed, "Shut up!" In response. "Which room is it?"

"It's that one."

Katherine entered a room, looking around for Bonnie. Not seeing the witch there, she turned around and glared at Katherine. "Where is she?" The Petrova hissed.

Caroline suddenly stopped sobbing, and instead began to chuckle. "I did it! I really didn't think that I'd be able to fool you but I did it!" She chirped, proud of herself. Katherine rushed over to Caroline, but stopped as she couldn't leave the room. She was trapped inside trapped.

"What the...?" Katherine growled, before seeing Stefan enter the room. "Stefan?" She asked, before she noticed that he has a stake in his hand. "Hello Katherine." Stefan greeted her, before Katherine looked to Caroline who waved, "Goodbye Katherine." Before turning around to leave.

"You don't really think that you can kill me with that now, do you?" Katherine asked as Stefan chuckled. "No, but he can." He insisted as Damon walked out the closet holding the compressed air weapon, before he shot Katherine. The stake went in her back.